Prevailance is seeking an experienced, mission-focused professional to support the Surface Warfare Engineering Schools Command (SWESC) as a Computer Programmer. This position supports SWESC providing operation, curriculum support (includes updates and maintenance of curriculum), administration, safety, and management support services for formalized naval training.
The Computer Programmer duties shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Customizes (writes code) the software within the Moodle environment (utilizes EHP, MySQL, HTML, JAVA, and Pearl)
- Receive student data from CeTARS to develop Non-PII based user IDs for students (A Microsoft Access Database interfaces between Moodle and CeTARS)
- Maintains system backups and archives
- Ensures system is ready for use by all personnel (staff and students)
- Grant staff usage rights/privileges (Testing Officer, Testing Clerk and Students)
- Be proactive and keeping up with current software packages.
The Computer Programmer shall have:
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in computer programming, to include the following computer languages:
- Requirements may change as software enhancements occur at Naval Station Great Lakes
Must have a BS degree in a computer-related field.
Must be able to obtain a favorable background.
COVID-19 Requirements: All Prospective employees will be required to adhere to Prevailance’s vaccination policy to ensure compliance with Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. Prospective employees must submit proof of full vaccination prior to their start date unless a Prevailance approved accommodation for disability (to include medical conditions) or religious-based reasons has been received.
Prevailance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. Prevailance, Inc. participates in E-Verify and is VEVRAA Compliant.