Avarint is seeking an engineer for supporting distributive modeling and simulation exercises, and test events. Our engineers support a real-time simulation of an Integrated Air Defense System (IADS) including sensors, command, and control (C2), and weapon systems. The engineer will be required to configure the IADS simulation to various modeling and simulation networks/environments and provide on-site support during exercises/events. The complexity of the target environments is variable to include an array of workstations, servers, and virtual machines distributed across the country. Some travel will be required for exercise planning, technical interchange meetings, and event support.
· Install and configure the IADS simulation for use in distributed exercises
· Install and configure operating systems on physical/virtual hosts
· Build and configure the physical/virtual computing and networking environment
· Parse data from various sources to configure simulations, networks, exercises
· Automatically generate data products/reports from collected exercise data
· Support integration and test events at various cyber ranges and facilities (some travel required)
· Work with internal and external engineering teams to ensure project requirements are met
· Keep current on electronic warfare technology, assessments, and impact on customers
· Serve as a key customer interface
· 401(k) – No Waiting Period. 100% Vested on date of hire.
· 3% company contribution in the first year of employment, company contribution increases over time. Employee is not required to contribute to the plan to receive Avarint’s contribution.
· Health Insurance – No Waiting Period – competitive costs.
· Dental, Vision Insurance after 6 months – Employer paid benefit for employees and dependents.
· Life Insurance after 6 months – Employer paid benefit for the employee.
· Generous paid time off, unlimited sick time and 9 paid holidays
· Bachelor’s Degree in a Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) related field
· Familiarization with Linux, system administration
· Scripting languages for Linux (awk, python, shell programming) and Windows (Powershell)
· Distributive Modeling and Simulation protocols (DIS, HLA, TENA)
· Experience with virtualization technology
· Experience with development in object-oriented languages, preferably C++ is a plus
· Computer networking experience (Wireshark, tcpdump) is a plus
· DevSecOps experience is a plus
· CI/CD and containerization experience is a plus
· Experience with RF signals for radars, communication systems, electronic warfare is a plus
o Software defined radio, wireless communication experience
· Good communications and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work well within a group or individually on projects
· Candidate must meet eligibility requirements for a government security clearance which includes US citizenship
· An active government security clearance is preferred
· Salary commensurate with experience
· Must be able to obtain and remain eligible for a US Department of Defense security clearance during the course of employment.
· Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 per the executive mandate.