The Marketing Manager fills a key role with the R2i marketing team. This candidate is a digital marketing enthusiast and results oriented with the ability to write creative and appealing content to drive traffic and engagement for this market-leading digital agency. This role manages marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple marketing platforms and formats to drive engagement/awareness, retention, leads and sales. As well, oversee editorial strategy for all R2i’s content channels.
This role is an expert in all elements related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, and relevant measurement. They create content people really want, share the content on channels they use, and measure results of the content marketing activities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support all marketing channels by writing informative, value-driven content aligned with our target market personas for a variety of mediums, including but not limited to: blogs, articles, newsletters, email campaigns, thought leadership, etc.
- Creating, Managing, and Growing the company’s social media presence
- Manage R2i sponsored events (summits, webinars, tradeshows, etc.)
- Liaise with PR agency to identify and proactively pitch the agency to various media outlets and secure media placements
- Work with Design Team to produce thought provoking and creative marketing collateral
- Contribute to researching and creating targeted content for sales and marketing related material and activities including corporate literature and strategic partnership content
- Tracking and reporting content effectiveness by channel to goals, including audience reached, traffic and leads generated
- Demonstrating an understanding of the social media landscape and how to use social channels to drive brand awareness and engagement
- Editorial requirements include strong SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and development
- Content governance consistent with our brand voice, style and tone
- Assist business development and client services teams with content and case studies for new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 3+ years of experience producing content for the web
- Love for writing creative, concise, and engaging content
- Demonstrated ability to drive traffic and track engagement with your writing
- An eye for appealing content design and layout
- Extreme attention to detail with a strong sense of ownership
- Up-to-date on the latest digital marketing trends and practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively, lead cross-functionally and resolve issues quickly, amenably, and effectively
- Team player with an orientation toward supporting sales and customer service
***Must be able to provide writing samples
R2i is an independent, full-service agency creating digital solutions that connect and accelerate customer experiences to drive measurable impact for the clients we serve. Our core capabilities across strategy and insights, marketing technology, experience design, media, and digital marketing are designed to advance customer engagements and deliver measurable results. For over a decade we have worked with mid-market brands to deploy best-in-class marketing technology solutions to support an integrated approach to managing the customer journey. R2i serves high tech, healthcare, industrial/manufacturing, professional services, higher education/non-profit, and consumer clients including Microsoft, Ingram Micro, Pentair, Leidos, American Cancer Society, University of Michigan, and Fiat Chrysler Uconnect. R2i is headquartered in Baltimore, with offices in St. Louis, Seattle, and Silicon Valley.