Operate the Henry Got Crops farm market located on the campus of W.B. Saul Agricultural High School. The farm market helps achieve Weavers Way Co-op’s Mission and Ends by offering locally sourced products, excellent customer service, and a cooperative, congenial and productive work atmosphere for shoppers and other staff.
Manager will ensure the farm market team can set up the market, maintain displays during business hours, and fully close up the market at the end of the day. Manager will train team members to perform accurate and timely register duties including handling of cash and alternative payments while ensuring a consistently high level of customer service and knowledge of Weavers Way Co-op, its farms, and membership. In addition to being hands-on during some of the hours that the market is open, the manager has weekly administrative responsibilities such as placing orders for local produce and grocery items and communicating with various co-op department managers, administrators, buyers, and local vendors.
- Manage curation, ordering, deliveries, safe handling & merchandising of all local products across department categories such as produce, floral, refrigerated grocery, wellness/HABA, meat, frozen, and WW Farms produce
- Perform time-sensitive administrative duties such as acquiring necessary yearly permits and documents needed to operate as a Farmers Market and to accept alternative forms of payment; code and submit invoices, complete and submit weekly logs for alternative forms of payment; regularly execute internal transfers; participate in quarterly inventory; promptly and respectfully respond to emails directed to Farm Market Manager
- Closely track inventory levels, price changes, sales data, co-op wide sales and promotions; communicate important sales and pricing data to Farms Manager/Finance/IT/POS
- Communicate closely and frequently with Farms Manager and farm and farm market team, store managers and their assistants, department heads and buyers, warehouse staff, as well as administrative teams and leaders such as IT, POS, Finance, Maintenance, Purchasing, Marketing and the Art Director for various needs
- With Farm Manager, hire farm market staff, including a Saul High School student; schedule staffing according to labor budget and sales projections; assist with annual reviews and seasonal check-ins of staff
- Observe and champion all Weavers Way policies and procedures; manage, supervise and expertly train farm market team on all aspects of the market operation including the customer service experience, membership and recruiting new co-op members, “front end” duties such as cash handling and processing alternative forms of payment, best practices in food handling, storage and merchandising (with a special emphasis on these skills as they relate to fresh produce), and adhering to and enforcing COVID protocols
- Assist in managing safety, cleanliness, and functioning of equipment and interior and exterior of the physical farm market facility as needed
- Contribute to marketing initiatives throughout the season such as providing content for the co-op’s media platforms including The Shuttle, eNews, eShopper, Instagram, Facebook as well as the farm market-specific e-newsletter; coordinate, schedule and promote workshops/programming, vendor visits, and product demos/sampling as it is safe to do so
Compensation & Benefits
- $37000 - $42000 based on experience, with potential for annual raise
- Eligible for Weaver Way Co-op benefits
- Staff discount and working member discount of 15%