Since 1938, the Ackermann Group has a long history in real estate development and property management that has continued to grow and thrive in the Midwest region. Today, residential community ownership and management comprise the majority of the company’s business with a focus on communities in dependable markets. Our corporate headquarters is located in Cincinnati, Ohio and we have invested in properties in Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis and Northern Kentucky.
We are currently seeking an Accountant to join our team at our corporate office located in Madisonville, a THRIVING neighborhood of Cincinnati, OH. The Accountant will provide accounting, reporting and ad hoc projects for commercial and multi-family real estate assets and investors. The Accountant will also monitor and report on day-to-day accounting and financial transactions and processes related to residential and commercial property management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS:
- General Ledger maintenance, including preparing and posting journal entries and cash receipts, identifying and correcting errors in coding or booking
- Timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for multiple entities
- Monthly account reconciliations for cash, receivables, payables, accruals and lender obligations
- Escrow management
- Proactively communicate results and support property management teams and corporate office staff
- Research variances and report accordingly
- Coordinate data transfers between multiple software systems
- Ability to keep processes on time with communication with supervisor is critical
- Ability to think, analyze and operate independently
- Ability to interact and collaborate with individuals in all areas of the company
- Cash flow management
- Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintains a professional courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Our guiding principles of collaboration, commitment to a personal approach, and delivering above expectations are paramount to who we are as an organization. We believe in and are dedicated to our employees, creating opportunities for residents to connect with their neighbors and broader community, and giving back to the communities we serve. The Ackermann Group invests in passionate individuals who want to be a part of a vibrant and community-focused culture.
The ideal Accountant will have:
- BBA or BS in Accounting or Finance
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Word, and computer systems required.
- Experience with Property Management accounting software (i.e. Yardi) and QuickBooks.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills are necessary.
- Deadline oriented is a must
- Self motivation, attention to detail, and ability to adapt to and move with change.
- Additional skills include: problem solving, strategic thinking, and a team player.
Benefits + Perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, 401k with match, and more!
- Career coaching and development
- Company Engagement Events
- Dynamic, high energy working environment