West Shore Country Club is a premier private country club located in Camp Hill, PA. with an admirable championship 18-hole golf course. Our grounds crew works meticulously to keep the golf course in such impeccable condition year round. The WSCC grounds department is looking for experienced individuals to add to our grounds department.
Starting Wage: $13.50 - $15.50 Based on Experience
Experience is Required
- Full-Time: 30+ hours/ Weekly
- Part-Time: <30 hours/ Weekly
Work hours are flexible ranging from 22 - 44 hours per week
Grounds Crew duties include:
- Maintaining golf course bunkers by raking sand on a regular basis
- Assisting in the maintenance of greens, fairways, and other golf course surfaces by filling divots and adding seed/sand to divot containers as needed
- Mowing clubhouse lawns and around tee complexes using a walking rotary mower
- Maintaining bunker faces and slopes using a weedeater trimmer
- Ensuring all areas are presentable by removing debris from parking lots, tennis courts, clubhouse, maintenance yard, and cart paths using a backpack leaf blower
- Maintaining a clean golf course and property by picking up and removing trash from course, creeks, slopes, and other areas.
- Ensuring outside areas of the clubhouse look nice by watering potted plants around the pool and surrounding areas.
- Maintaining greens by using greens roller to ensure proper couture and surface
- Mowing tee areas with riding triplex with attention to proper grass height and surface maintenance.
- Mowing rough areas with a riding rotary mower keeping safety in mind as rough areas can be sloped
- Scouting for pest control issues and safely applying bait or using other pest control techniques to protect golf course surfaces
- Scouting golf course surfaces for localized dry areas and hand water as appropriate
- Applying fertilizer on golf course surfaces as needed with a rotary spreader
- Changing hole locations on greens
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
- Must enjoy working outdoors
- Available to work weekend mornings and holidays as needed
- Must have previous experience on a golf course
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, and stoop for duration of shift
Other Job Details:
- Hourly wage is $13.50-$15.50 per hour depending on experience
- Uniforms Provided by the Club
- Lunches provided Tue- Fri during golf season
- Use of golf course on most Monday afternoons
- Should have the ability to work up to 6 days per week during the golfing season.
- Hours per week is flexible ranging from 20-44 hours per week.
West Shore Country Club offers to all employees:
- Paid on the job training
- Fun and enjoyable work environment
- Limited Employee Golfing Privileges
- Company Provided Meals
- Employee Appreciation and Engagement Events
- A Winning Team for all to succeed
West Shore Country Club Full-Time Employees receive:
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- 401K with company match
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid STD, LTD and AD&D insurance