Who We Are:
We are an IT consulting firm who knock the socks off our clients . We work closely with organizations to develop creative and custom software solutions and programmatic and project management frameworks so they can focus on what’s most important, their mission. Here at KL&A, we love what we do and believe that our employees are our greatest asset which is why we search for the best and brightest (and perhaps the most caffeinated) of the bunch. Which is why our employees have the opportunity to work in an environment of their choosing: whether in the dynamic office environment, in your pj bottoms at home, or a combination of the two. P.s. We don’t mean to brag, but we’re honored to have been named a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press for the fourth year in a row.
KL&A works with clients across the United States to provide custom software development, as well as a variety of services that include quality assurance and testing, systems planning and integration, program and project management, and more!
Who You Are:
You have a passion for guiding the development of solutions that solve clients’ business problems. You’re able to anticipate project needs and visualize the evolution of a system to prevent issues before they even arise. Your magnetic energy and attitude drives the team to success, making your teammates and clients glad they’re along for the ride. Your inquisitive mind is constantly looking for opportunities to grow which inspires you to do your best work every day. You’re able to seamlessly transition from one task to the next without skipping a beat and your attention to detail is so good it’s scary. Communicating to individuals with differing skill sets is your specialty, and you naturally captivate those in the conference room (or Zoom meeting) to settle conflicts and contract negotiations. You enjoy building relationships and becoming a trusted business partner to your clients, finding joy in making their lives easier.
About the Role:
As a Project Manager in the Program Management Office (PMO) you’ll make driving toward project success your top priority, ensuring high-quality deliverables that provide meaningful business value to our clients while achieving their strategic goals. You’ll work in a PMO structure with a variety of internal and client teams and collaborate with all stakeholders throughout all stages of project execution. You will be responsible for creating program and project documentation and artifacts, such as status reports, stakeholder presentations, timelines, etc. You will establish and manage successful client relationships while balancing both client and internal interests to anticipate, recognize, and mitigate project and program risks. You will work with the program manager, other project managers, and support specialists and teams within the PMO to achieve the long-term strategic goals of the client organization.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without current or future need for a visa sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a project manager
- Deep understanding of project management methodologies and the knowledge to apply them appropriately to client business needs and requests
- Understanding of business analysis process concepts such as BPR, BPA, and BPM, and how business needs drive implementation approach to solutions.
- Ability to relay program and business information at the appropriate level for the communication audience.
- Ability to develop statements of work, formal/informal communications, technical reports, and proposals.
- Ability to accurately present information to audiences of all skill levels.
- Must be able to develop project schedules and identify and mitigate risks
- Ability to manage the project budget and adjust accordingly based on schedule and scope changes.
- Ability to allocate human and technical resources according to project needs.
- Extensive experience in successfully managing complex projects including contract management and process reengineering.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Experience with SharePoint
- Must be able to understand and appropriately respond to client needs.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills (English).
- Must be self motivated with a desire and drive to continuously learn and grow as a professional and as an individual.
- Professional certification in Project Management, such as Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute or equivalent.
- Professional training or certification in Organizational Change Management.
- Willingness to work on site with the client on an as-needed basis.
- Experience with Project Management tools such as Jira, TFS or similar
- Prior experience within the government domain.
- Knowledge of, or experience within, the Behavioral Health domain.
- Previous experience working within a Program Management Office.
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive salaries with bonus potential
- Three (3) weeks paid vacation (prorated for first year)
- 40 days of paid sick time (prorated for first year)
- 401(k) with immediate employer match
- Workspace Customization Bonus
- Ongoing education and training reimbursement
- Employee recruiting incentives
- Your choice of computer (PC or Mac)
- Premium healthcare insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care and medical care
- Employer paid group long-term disability and group life insurance
- Monthly communication reimbursement
- Awesome co-workers!
Since the COVID-19 pandemic forced most of us to work remotely, KL&A has embraced the new flexible scheduling that was one of the microscopic lights at the end of the isolated tunnel. As a result, we are conducting all interviews virtually (get your Zoom background ready.) New employees have the option of being onboarded into a virtual, in person, or hybrid work schedule and are provided the tools they need to begin employment successfully, regardless of location.
Kunz, Leigh & Associates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kunz, Leigh & Associates complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kunz, Leigh & Associates expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Kunz, Leigh & Associates’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.