CIRE Equity is an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented company focused on the creation and preservation of wealth through targeted investments in commercial real estate in the Western United States.
We are passionate about real estate, dedicated to hard work, and strive for excellence in everything that we do. We value our employees and aim to create a fun, merit-based environment that encourages hard work, creative thinking, and high-quality performance. We foster persistent improvement, and we are seeking like-minded individuals who share our attention to detail and passion for excellence to join our growing team.
What Makes CIRE Special
At CIRE Equity, we want our employees to be successful, and we believe that a large part of success is aligned around our unique core values that form our cultural DNA.
Relentless Cultivation of Our Potential
Executing Beyond Expectations
Innovative Thinking to Produce Value
Building Relationships Through Sincere Interactions
We value our team members’ emotional intelligence and awareness more than just technical skills because we believe creating a safe place to share openly and receive direct feedback leads to higher functioning teams and resilience to overcome any challenge. We work hard and play harder, celebrating company success as a team.
Purpose Of Position
Thinking like an Owner exemplifies the Tenant Coordinator role at CIRE Equity. Being a Tenant Coordinator provides individuals with the opportunity to interact with people from nearly every discipline within the company, while also providing a welcoming experience to our diverse mix of Tenant business owners. The Tenant Coordinator position reports to the Director of Construction & Development; this position is responsible for aiding new tenants as they prepare to open their business. The position requires experience with construction, architectural design, permitting, and a solid understanding of legal documents including contracts and leases. Successful performance will be measured by qualitative aspects such as Tenant satisfaction as well as measurable results such as actual vs budgeted rent commencement. This position requires strong negotiating skills, verbal & written communication skills, accuracy, and accountability, and confidentiality. The Tenant Coordinator position functions at a high capacity within the context of a larger team, setting, implementing goals, and supporting leasing initiatives.
- Keep watchful eye on budgeted rent commencement dates as it relates to the progress of the tenant and the rent commencement criteria contained in the Lease.
- Ensure tenant compliance with requirements of the lease operational and functional.
- Ensure tenants understand the specific requirements of the intended property found within the lease and communicate critical dates.
- Track the permitting, bidding, and construction phases of the tenant's work through the opening.
- Tracking delivery dates, tracking, rent commencements.
- Extract pertinent information from leases including critical dates and documents for the Lease file.
- Distribute Landlord shell and construction documents for use in Tenant design.
- Update CIRE Equity archive with final tenant drawings.
- Collect, file, and coordinate all contractor Preliminary Lien Notices.
- Check payment applications for completeness and review against the contract.
- Monitor the receipt of all landlord and tenant permits, including utility, site, shell, and interior construction documents.
- Coordinate with local municipalities on the requirements and process for inspections, and occupancy regulations.
- Lead the transfers of utilities from landlord to tenant.
- Monitor permit process in coordination with Design Consultants throughout the permit approval process.
- Distribute notices of delivery and turnover along with other required communication with tenants and vendors.
- Monitor and ensure the satisfaction of Lease contingencies and consents against the schedule and budget. Foresight to understand schedule concerns as to allow time for creative revisions to the schedule.
- Track and review tenant signage submittals against project timeframes and regulatory documents.
- Landlord work permits received within the project timeframe.
- Tracking project budgets and schedules with accuracy. Update project team weekly. (Accurate spent to dates + projected changes for 95% of the assigned project.)
- Successfully assist tenant through the design, permit, and construction process.
Community & Municipal Involvement
- Interact with city officials to maintain good relationships.
- Develop strong relationships with consultants with the design and permitting process. (Add 3 new professional contacts a quarter)
Other tasks and projects assigned as needed.
- Possess a self-motivated, inquisitive, passionate, and humble mind set.
- Possess effective administrative skills with the ability to prioritize, organize and balance multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively independently, in teams, and with senior management.
- Clear, effective, and professional communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to tailor communication style to internal and external audiences.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation to ensure productive tenant relations.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in unique situations where only limited standardization exists
Job Experience Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in broad-based construction or tenant relations experience including time in the commercial/community shopping center industry.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office, video chat applications (e.g. Zoom, Teams, etc.) and the ability to quickly learn new programs.
- Experience with ProCore, MRI, Nexus, BlueBeam, AutoCAD, and PlanGrid is a plus.
Reporting Structure: Position reports directly to Director of Construction and Development
Vital Goals/Performance Measurements
- Construction tracker is current with updates input no later than 48 hours of companywide lease execution.
- Ensure Dir. Of CM & Development is current on all project status, emphasizing any that are falling behind schedule.
- Successfully assist tenant through the design, permit and construction process.
- Tenant preliminary floor plan and project plan review meet budget at 80%+ success rate.
- Ensure permit process is received per budget at 85%+ Success rate.
- 99% success rate in keeping title clean of encumbrances.
- Ensure utilities transferred to new tenant within 72-hour timeframe.
- 50% of Tenants open prior to budgeted rent commencement date.
- Location: Desired location is in Phoenix, AZ. The Company HQ is in San Diego, CA with an additional office in Los Angeles, CA. Candidates from these areas are encouraged to apply.
- Work Environment: This position requires on-site in order to execute certain duties. The Company has a hybrid work environment and is evaluating flexible work arrangements long-term, though candidates should expect to spend some portion of their work time in the office.
- Compensation: DOE. CIRE offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance, retirement (including company profit share potential), EAP, annual bonus program, and much more.