At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility, and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Manager Data Services is responsible for leading a technical team of data developers to support the data and reporting needs of the Asurint platform.
- Adds value as a critical member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, clients, and strategy.
- Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, hires, and manages performance to organization goals and expectations.
- Manages budgets and resources effectively and efficiently; knows and understands the organization’s financial position.
- Manages vendors and outside service providers effectively; sets expectations, and holds them accountable.
- Leads a technical team to ensure that all projects and commitments of the group are delivered on time and within budget.
- Organizes and facilitates team meetings such as daily standups and monthly retrospectives.
- Ensures that the Company’s entire database platform operates and performs at optimal levels.
- Prepares for database expansion by studying plans and requirements, advising senior technical management, and coordinating design and programming.
- Keeps senior technical management informed by preparing updates on system performance and problems.
- Maintains a focus on reporting and business intelligence for the whole organization.
- Maintains database performance by troubleshooting problems.
- Maintains database reliability by setting and enforcing standards and controls.
- Secures database by developing policies, procedures, and controls.
- Accomplishes platform upgrades and improvements as needed.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience leading at the functional level is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft and SQL Server technologies is required.
- Experience as a DBA, SQL database developer, Business Intelligence developer, or related position is required.
- Experience with SSRS is required.
- Experience with agile methodologies and the software development lifecycle is required.
- Experience with the legal/court system is a plus.
- Experience with background screening is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. In addition, relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc., are preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, a related field, or relevant job experience is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: 2 to 5 years is preferred.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require standard safety precautions typical of offices, including the need for general safe work practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting, although off-site meetings in various locations occur.
- The schedule is generally regular business hours, although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after regular workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile, and a valid drivers’ license is required. In addition, occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Paid Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in the building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.