CDC Small Business Finance is a leading U.S. small business lender and award-winning nonprofit. Over the last four decades, CDC has provided more than $13 billion in loans to 11,000 entrepreneurs....and counting.
Unlike a traditional lender, we have the flexibility to offer affordable loans to a broader range of small business owners seeking financing for building purchases, major equipment and working capital, among other purposes.
As a non-profit organization, our mission is to support those who face the greatest obstacles in securing capital: women, minority and veteran-owned businesses. Our business loans have also played a critical role in bolstering economic development, helping create or preserve more than 180,000 jobs in California, Arizona and Nevada.
This role is responsible for monitoring and ensuring commercial loan compliance is fulfilled across a wide portfolio of commercial loans. Every loan includes conditions for maintaining appropriate types of insurance (life, business lines, property, etc.) and providing ongoing financial statements on a regular basis. Using the Ventures+ loan management system, this position uses data and expertise to ensure accuracy in loan files, establish monitoring systems for managing all compliance factors, interact with borrowers and their agents, and take all actions necessary to ensure that non-payment-related loan compliance is consistently secured. As a member of the compliance team, working collaboratively with colleagues in the same role and across the Loan Servicing division is critical to ensuring the integrity of the large portfolio. Customer service, diplomacy, and teamwork are critical factors to functioning well in this role.
- Review loan files assigned for accuracy in compliance tracking, notably on insurance and financial statement requirements
- Establish alerts/ticklers to manage expiration and due dates for compliance items for all assigned existing and new funded loans
- Enter insurance information into the Ventures+ Loan Management System, including policy numbers, amounts, expiration dates, etc. as new loans are boarded to the portfolio
- Ensure insurance agent contact information for each policy is correct and includes mailing address, phone/fax number and email
- Work with insurance agents at the time of insurance policy expiration to determine if coverage will continue or be secured through another agency. Follow up accordingly
- Secure insurance certificates with proper assignment to the company for each file to validate policy in force
- Notify the borrower when financial information is due and record the data into the system. Based on the loan type and structure, various financial information will be required. This role is responsible for understanding and monitoring the requirements
- Work with manager or assigned staff to resolve non-compliance matters in a timely fashion
- Scan/Upload documentation and incoming mail into Ventures+ system
- Assist or complete various general office tasks such as imaging documents and answering customer calls as needed
- Provide back up to other positions within the department as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in providing excellent customer service, preferably in the financial services industry
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Basic knowledge of software and ease using technology systems
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, to problem solve, to remain calm under pressure, to encourage and support team success
- Ability to be flexible with work assignments and multi-tasking
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and effectively on a team.