WHO WE ARE:
Branches is on a mission to educate and inspire people through student, family, and financial wellness services in partnership with our communities.
We believe in meeting the needs of the next generation by addressing both the parent and the child simultaneously in our 2-Gen approach that supports a family’s wellbeing, ensuring that each family member is supported in reaching their full potential. Our holistic approach builds long term, ongoing relationships with local communities to leverage and promote collective impact for the families we serve.
Branches is a multi-faceted community and church-based ministry that creates life changing opportunities for children, youth and families. Our goal is to provide opportunities for students and their families to know Christ, to become better educated, and to be encouraged to make positive life choices.
The Grow & Climb Manager will be accountable for nurturing transformational relationships, developing teams and talent, and ensuring programs operate with excellence; and responsible for advancing performance, learning, and impact leadership, fostering family and community engagement, and driving culture and vision alignment.
- Set expectations for, hold teams accountable, model, and live out the Branches Ws and values
- Radiate and inspire the Branches value of WORTH and WELCOME by tirelessly being positive, warm, caring, and respectful
- Radiate and inspire the Branches value of WITH by connecting and building meaningful relationships
- Radiate and inspire the Branches value of WORDS by praising, affirming, and breathing life into students, families, and teams
- Radiate and inspire the Branches value of WALK by intentionally encouraging positive behaviors and choices
- Radiate and inspire the Branches value of WONDER by animating learning opportunities with the preparation and creativity necessary to ensure active and joyful engagement
Culture & Vision Alignment
- Drive the alignment of culture and vision to ensure Branches is a place to Be Loved and Be Known; a Cornerstone for Community, and a time to Cultivate Opportunities to Learn and Grow
- Implement a system of accountability and high expectations for teams, students and families that enables ‘buy-in’ to the Branches culture and recognition of their active role in co-creating a shared future
- Communicate and cast a clear and compelling vision that animates Branches’ culture and organizational priorities
Cornerstone for Community
- Plan, develop, and deliver community-building and family engagement opportunities regularly
- Develop partnerships, strengthen relationships, and expand networks with local school administrators, teachers and support staff; families; community organizations; and local churches to amplify Branches’ footprint, secure resources, and magnify brand awareness
- Provide regular, ongoing communication with families that encompass caring, supportive interactions; and partner with families in navigating the educational system and communicating with teachers and school staff
- Understand families’ needs and refer them to community resources and services as appropriate; and connect families and students to the Branches Financial Wellness team
- Identify needs and roles for, and recruit, orient, and engage adult mentors; and facilitate mentor opportunities that result in positive, meaningful, and effective mentor-mentee relationships
Talent & Team Development
- Attract and select right-fit servant leaders that are mission capable and purposeful
- Nurture and sustain encouraged, engaged, and effective teams by creating a positive, hopeful environment; and model importance of collaboration, communication, and teamwork while maintaining ownership of decision rights
- Establish and implement accountability systems that provide clarity about standards for success; and align teams in supporting and executing decisions
- Develop high performing teams through goal setting, coaching, and continuous, actionable feedback that highlights strengths, accomplishments, and areas for growth; and by identifying and connecting team members to meaningful professional development opportunities
- Lead and conduct performance reviews for Associate Managers; and direct professional service experts and adult mentors
- Performance, Learning, and Impact Leadership
- Design and implement annual plans that are based on a sound analysis of community need; insights from students and families; evidence-informed approaches and practices; expected outcomes; quality standards; and accountability mechanisms
- Ensure strategies are implemented in a consistently high-quality manner; and opportunities deliver meaningful, measurable, and durable impact
- Analyze high-quality data in real-time to support effective decision-making, monitor progress, and achieve results
- Conduct observations to identify strengths and areas for growth; provide continuous feedback to teams; and devise appropriate strategies and supports aimed at continuously improving results over time
- Lead and participate in collaboration circles with team members across sites to share lessons learned and promising practices
- Develop compelling stories regularly to spark enthusiasm internally and highlight impact to external audiences
- Ensure goals and priorities set during team meetings align with annual plans; team members are equipped with clearly defined roles and responsibilities; and daily tasks are completed collaboratively and effectively
- Design curricula of coaching, centering, and enrichment opportunities that accelerate academic recovery and potential; support social, emotional, and spiritual resilience; and advance post-secondary readiness and success
- Ensure activity preparation and implementation align with expected outcomes; ensure the delivery of immediate and timely support, guidance, and feedback; and model the delivery of activities that inspire active and joyful engagement
- Monitor the enforcement of grant compliance requirements (TCT, among others); Department of Children and Families (DCF) licensure standards; and organizational policies as detailed in the Branches Employee Handbook and the Grow & Climb Operations Manual
- Monitor the recruitment, registration and enrollment of participants, and the maintenance of participant files
- Ensure participant demographic, attendance, and outcomes data of participants are recorded accurately; and monitor the accurate and timely administration, recording, and reporting of outcomes assessments and student/family feedback
- Partner effectively with members of the Branches Administrative team (HR, Finance, Development, among others) to ensure efficient business operations and administrative compliance
- Monitor program budgets and the accurate and timely recording and submission of expenditures (e.g. credit card receipts) and income (e.g., cash)
- Attend professional development opportunities as required or needed
Branches’ Way – Grow Deeper, Climb Higher
Worth— We believe each person has sacred value, is created in the image of God and has inherent self-worth. People matter and therefore are our priority.
Wonder— We dream and then co-create the future with students and families which means we do not wait for the future to just happen.
Welcome— At Branches all people are welcomed, received and valued in contrast to the rejection and exclusion that people all too often experience in the world.
With — What we do is transformational and not transactional. We connect with people and build relationships as opposed to treating people like a number or a service unit. Together we become the Branches family.
Walk— While the destination is important, we recognize the journey is the essential part. The day-to-day work we do is like walking with people on the journey in which we all explore, discover and become renewed.
Words– We create a positive, hopeful environment at Branches through the ways and the words we speak to others. Be our words fun, friendly, firm or whatever, we always affirm the other and speak with love.
Work is performed either in regular office conditions (25%) or in an afterschool enrichment setting providing services to children and families (70%) at the Branches Community Center site. Various types of meetings may be conducted in other parts of Miami-Dade County that will require some travel (5%). These meetings may include program specific trainings, partner and volunteer development, outreach to the neighborhood, among other meetings. The program will have some evening and weekend service events or programming. Reliable transportation may be needed as the position requires commuting to meetings and trainings, some of which may be on evenings or weekends.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION NOTICE
We follow Federal Law requirements to provide reasonable accommodation to applicants, candidates, and employees who qualify. Please tell us if you require reasonable accommodation to perform any of the job functions of this position.