The Housing Development Administrator will support Bellwether Housing’s Real Estate Development team. This team leads the development of affordable housing and manages all stages of the process. The Administrator will support this 13-person team during a period of significant organizational growth. Bellwether plans to build 1000+ new apartments in the next 5 years. We are responding to the overwhelming need for affordable housing in and around Seattle; additionally, our team consults for other nonprofits doing mission-driven development work.
The core task of this job is making sure the Director and team have what they need to succeed in their work. This includes: administrative support, managing projects, collaborating with the team, improving processes and procedures, and shaping department planning.
The Housing Development Administrator will have the opportunity to learn about affordable housing and real estate development. You'll be part of a convivial and collaborative team committed to fostering professional growth.
• Provide responsive, collaborative administrative support to the Director of Real Estate Development and the development team.
• Coordinate with other Bellwether departments, external vendors and clients.
• Participate in Bellwether’s A-Team. A-Team is an interdepartmental group for Bellwether’s administrative staff to collaborate, support each other, and problem-solve.
• Coordinate with the Office Manager by relaying any office issues, submitting maintenance requests, and supporting some day-to-day office functions (mail distribution, printing meeting room schedules, throwing away old periodicals, etc.)
• Manage calendar for Director and Schedule Board of Director’s Real Estate Committee bi-monthly meetings; take minutes.
• Schedule meetings and events and coordinate associated logistics for development team (regular bi-weekly meetings, team building events, trainings). Where appropriate, help set agendas, prepare materials and take meeting minutes.
• Improve departmental technology usage, file management, processes, and procedures. Suggest and initiate changes as needed.
• Purchase training and conference registrations; maintain professional memberships for team. Keep track of the team’s training activities.
• Support applications for public funding, requests for proposals, and real estate project grants. This includes coordinating multiple concurrent applications, collecting relevant documents, writing and editing, and printing and assembling application packets.
• Write quarterly department newsletter to foster interdepartmental relationship-building.
• Occasionally provide administrative backup in other departments.
• Embody Bellwether's mission, diversity statement, and values of respect, integrity, community and excellence in your work.
• Demonstrated experience in providing administrative support to a team.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office platform and Adobe products - Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Acrobat.
• Organized, detail-oriented, and responsive. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated communication skills – writing, editing, email and verbal communication.
• Ability to think critically and problem-solve on your own
• Adept at dealing with organizational growth and change.
• Initiative to improve processes and procedures. Identify opportunities for growth, outline a plan, manage implementation, and support cultural shifts.
• Support for Bellwether’s mission to provide affordable housing and interest in working in the nonprofit industry.
• Familiarity with InDesign or desire to learn it.
Ability to learn new software programs and think critically about technology usage.
• Experience supporting executive-level Managers or Directors.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and team management tools available on that platform (OneDrive, OneNote, Teams, for example)
Compensation: $22.17 - $24.67 per hour, depending on experience
Benefits: If you’re working over 20 hours per week, you can accrue up to 24 days of PTO in your first year. We have a 403(b)-retirement plan with employer matching after 15 months of service, and we offer a health reimbursement plan to employees and dependents. We have flexible spending accounts, STD/LTD, life insurance, and commuter benefits.