Job title: Community Care Supervisor
Reports to: Community Care Manager
Department: Community Care
Classification: Non-Exempt/Hourly $20-$22 per hour
- The Community Care Supervisor is a hands-on working position that has direct responsibility for managing and overseeing the day-to-day activity and overall operations of a team of Community Care Representatives and Leads. The Community Care Supervisor provides support in coaching and guiding our team members, delegating and assigning duties, and assisting with calls and tasks as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the Community Care Representatives are delivering the highest level of service to our Homeowners, Associations, and all internal and external clients; look for ways to improve customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for ensuring that departmental policies and procedures are being followed, kept up-to-date, and recommending improvements.
- Ensure that daily tasks are being appropriately distributed among team members.
- Provide weekly progress reports of team activity.
- Support the Community Care team in answering calls and processing tasks as needed.
- Monitor task and incoming call resources. Make sure resources are being allocated to best serve the client.
- Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly responsible for the supervision of a team of Community Care Representatives and Leads.
- Ensure that staff members are in compliance with all company policies per the Hammersmith® Employee Handbook.
- Coach and mentor staff to achieve performance goals.
- Provide recruiting requisitions to Human Resources for available positions within the department; interview and hire employees.
- Train and develop Community Care Representatives and Leads.
- Review employee timesheets/punches for accuracy.
- Handle disciplinary issues with support staff.
- Create employee action plans as needed.
- Provide timely one-on-ones with direct reports.
- Monitor and report on staffing needs and achievements within the department.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time with or without notice.
- Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company: Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity, and Life Balance
- Knowledge of task processes including but not limited to Work Orders, Violation Letters, and Architecturals
- Knowledge of management techniques
- Skill in organization and analytics
- Skill in conflict resolution and leadership
- Skill in delivering excellent customer service
- Skill in attention to detail, decision-making, and problem-solving
- Ability to lead large projects
- Ability to be professional in appearance and presentation
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
- Ability to utilize different computer software programs
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule depending on department needs
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Ability to make decisions, lead people, and manage resources
- Ability to supervise other employees
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
- Ability to diffuse issues with unhappy clients
- Ability to serve as a role model to others demonstrating Hammersmith® core values.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is an office setting.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus while working on computers. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This position is largely sedentary and may require constant sitting with occasional standing/walking.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous customer service experience required
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Two or Four-year degree preferred
- Previous supervisory and/or managerial experience preferred
- Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position in our Inverness Office location. Days and hours of work are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.