To apply for this role, upload your (1) resume and (2) cover letter. The role will be filled as soon as we find the right candidate.
In 1990, a small group of dedicated volunteers with a desire to eliminate substandard housing in our community founded San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity. Thanks to our supporters, more than 200 local and international families have been able to build or repair their own homes here in Los Angeles’ San Gabriel Valley and beyond. Through the years, we have maintained our unrelenting determination to help families in need by offering a hand up, not a handout.
Through donations, shopping at our ReStores, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves.
724 E Huntington Drive, Monrovia, CA 91016
Director of Resource Development
$20.00 per hour to $23.00 per hour, DOQ
Health insurance, vision & dental insurance, life insurance, 403(b) company match, and paid time off
Do you like getting people together for fun, friendship and a great cause? Do you jump at the chance to speak in front of groups and make sure they feel welcome? Does the work you do need to be meaningful and change people's lives for the better? If so, this Volunteer Coordinator position might be the one for you!
To increase our capacity to help struggling families achieve the housing they need to thrive, we're on a quest for a high-energy people-person, volunteer-related event organizer and a wizard with volunteer experience and working with several volunteers at any given time for multiple departments within the organization
Essential Job Duties
- Respond to volunteer requests, questions, or general inquiries via email, software and phone in a timely manner.
- Use volunteer management software to facilitate registration, application, logistics and tracking (for reporting and recognition purposes).
- Work in partnership across departments to schedule volunteer groups and individuals.
- Recruit, on-board and coordinate assignments for construction and nonconstruction volunteers, including Restore and other department needs.
- Collaborate with and provide support to all departments that engage volunteers to ensure an excellent volunteer experience and repeat volunteers.
- Create and update digital and print content relevant to the volunteer experience.
- Stay current on and implement best practices for volunteer recruitment, engagement, and recognition.
- Support Habitat volunteer-related events such as Team Build Days and Women Builds Day
Is committed to San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity’s mission to eliminate substandard housing and make affordable housing a matter of conscience and action
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum three years' experience in a fast-paced, high-performing work environment specifically with volunteers and events.
- Must be proficient and knowledgeable with (MS Word, Office Suite, Excel, Power Point, Data base management, RE and Volunteer HUB and Survey Monkey preferred).
- Volunteer Event Coordination. Create a warm reception for our volunteers and donors which include setting up welcome tables, check in and name badge stations; and event logistics and speak with enthusiasm to large community organizations.
- Excellent speaking skills: You must have a comfortability with handling questions about our online application software, event logistics, and donation requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Develop healthy and helpful working relationships with multiple departments to ensure volunteer needs are met.
- Detail-oriented: You must be detail-oriented and communicates with departments and volunteers in a timely manner.
- Multitasking skills: You must handle multiple projects and meets deadlines.
- Flexibility, sense of humor and desire to invest in our organization over the long term.
- Self-Starter and can work independently.
SGV Habitat for Humanity actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications. SGV Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans, regardless of race, religion, age, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetics, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic. SGV Habitat for Humanity will not inquire about a job applicant's criminal conviction history prior to making a conditional offer of employment.