The “Live Music Capital of the World” is finally getting the world-class arena it deserves. Opening in April of 2022, Moody Center will provide Austin, TX with a premiere 15,000+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena will replace the 42-year-old Frank Erwin Center and will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all of the benefits of a modern music venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home court of the University of Texas men’s and women’s basketball programs.
At Moody Center, we are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through world-class sports and entertainment. We believe our employees are our greatest assets. We will create a culture that empowers and inspires them to go above and beyond for our clients, patrons and community.
Visit www.moodycenteratx.com to learn more. #BeATXcellent
The Operations Supervisor directly supervises and assists in setting up and teardown of events at the Moody Center as specified by event setup plans. This position is responsible for preparing the arena for all events, including University of Texas Men’s/Women’s basketball games, family shows, and concerts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise full time (2) and part time staff ensuring deadlines are met for conversions and other duties assigned.
- Supervise, motivate, lead, and work alongside operations team members.
- Effectively communicate work assignments to others.
- Perform duties for set up and removal of basketball court.
- Set up and remove stage, risers, seating, tables, flooring, etc. for various events.
- Repair and performs maintenance of retractable and permanent seats.
- Participate in and lead lock out/tag out procedures and other safety precautions.
- Proactively use all safety mandates and teach others to do to the same.
- Promote a safe and efficient work environment.
- Be available for event support, as needed.
- Embrace a culture of diversity and inclusion where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard.
- Facilitate conversions in order to create winning experiences and timeless memories for guests.
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests.
- Other duties involving assisting other departments as assigned.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving, walking extensively throughout the building, working from various heights, and around moderate to loud noises.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, scrubbing machines or other light power-driven equipment.
- Other duties assigned including but not limited to assisting other departments as needed.
Experience and Qualifications:
- High School diploma + 3-4 years of conversion experience, preferred
- Experience supervising staff to work together to accomplish projects
- Ability to give clear instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form.
- Complete knowledge of operations procedures to facilitate changeovers
- Certified forklift operator is required
- Demonstrate knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical riser system repair, preferred
- Ability to work long hours and varied schedules (majority overnight conversions)
- Must be self-motivated and work under little supervision
- Ability to prioritize tasks in the most productive and/or appropriate manner
- Excellent safety record and work ethic.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in the most productive and/or appropriate manner.
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
- Experience operating equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, scrubbing machines or other light power-driven equipment.
- Organized and able to prioritize work and work of others to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires Covid-19 vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.