SynTerra is looking for a qualified Associate Scientist. You should have 2-4 years’ experience in environmental sampling, assessment, and remediation. This position requires the ability to work independently on specific tasks and in collaboration with clients and other environmental professionals. The position requires the ability to work in an outdoor environment and to travel.
We provide assessment and remediation services on a wide variety of projects for a diverse set of clients, primarily within the Southeastern United States.
• Prepare a wide variety of recurring and nonrecurring correspondence, reports, and other documents using information obtained from staff members, files, and other sources.
• Independently note and follow up on professional commitments made at meetings or by other staff members. Coordinate meeting arrangements, and schedule meetings, conferences, etc.
• Use varied and advanced functions of Office Suite automation to include diagramming, email, GIS, presentations, text, and spreadsheet information in reports. Create, format, modify, edit, and print a variety of outputs in a professional and timely manner.
• Interpret annotations, construction plans, historical references, interviews, on-site investigations, and site plans in developing the appropriate document submission to satisfy client needs.
• Consistent travel throughout market for field work.
• Bachelor's degree in sciences-related field.
• Software proficiency (including but not limited to): Adobe Acrobat, ESRI ArcGIS, Google Earth Pro, and Microsoft Office Suite.
• 40 hr. OSHA HAZWOPER trained a plus
• Must be able to work in both indoor and outdoor settings in environments ranging from climate-controlled office space to foul weather, heat, and rain.
• May have to sit or stand for several hours at a time and climb inclines (terrains, ladders, etc.).
• Required to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
More than a job
We are looking for intelligent, ambitious, and passionate candidates to continue helping our clients throughout the Southeast. When you join SynTerra, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become part of the SynTerra family, a group of talented individuals who drive innovation and embrace change. Come join a team that you are going to LOVE – SynTerra.