The Data Visualization Developer works as a member of the Business Intelligence team to create and maintain data visualizations. This position works directly with internal clients and project teams with a focus on delivering solutions that meet and exceed the requirements. This position requires exceptional communication skills to gather requirements, clarify understanding of those requirements, communicate status, and resolve issues with minimal management involvement. This position assists United Way of Connecticut's goal to help meet the needs of Connecticut residents by providing information, education, and connection to services. This position strives to fulfill the mission of United Way of Connecticut at all times while at work.
The Pay & Benefits: $$64,845 - $97,267 annually
Spanish- or Portuguese-speaking applicants who are hired and pass certification will get an additional $.75 per hour.
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution
- 25 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately!
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous health benefits including 80% company-paid health insurance and deductible
- Tuition reimbursement (after 1 year)
- And more!
Available Shifts: Monday through Friday 8:00a.m. – 4:30p.m, with flexibility.
After job training, position will be hybrid (in office and remote).
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or a minimum of two years’ development experience creating data visualizations using tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Experience with Tableau and/or Microsoft BI, affording the ability to develop dashboards, reports, and other data visualizations.
- Expertise in Excel (macros, pivot tables, etc.).
- Experience gathering and translating business requirements from stakeholders to prototype potential dashboards and deliver finished BI artifacts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present technical details so both technical and non-technical audiences understand content.
- Strong analytic mindset with the ability to decompose complex problems into simpler components.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in day-to-day duties.
- Ability to become an expert in the lines of business needs, including their data and reporting needs, and develop their trust.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Solid written and verbal communication, listening, organization and priority setting skills.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while under pressure.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to successfully complete tasks and multiple projects independently as well as collaboratively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to relate well with people from diverse groups.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the UWC Mission.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, United Way of Connecticut, Inc. desires priority referrals of protected veterans for positions at its location at 1344 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067. Any questions may be referred to Recruitment@ctunitedway.org.
United Way of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.