ArtWorks is an award-winning Greater Cincinnati nonprofit that transforms people and places through investments in creativity. The organization collaborates with community organizations and residents, businesses, governments, foundations and nonprofits to build creative works of art that bolster the region’s global reputation as an arts destination. ArtWorks employs professional artists who inspire and mentor diverse teams of youth, ages 14-21, helping them build 21st century career-readiness skills. These teams have completed more than 14,000 public and private art projects in its 25 years, including more than 200 permanent outdoor murals.
Hourly Wage: $22.97
Spring program, March – May
· Orientation Dates: March 21, 22, 24 – 9am – 4pm
Summer program, June – August
· Orientation Dates: May 23, 24, 26 – 9am – 4pm
Fall program, September – December
· Orientation Dates: Late Aug TBD
Most projects will last 4-8 weeks. Length of projects may vary from project to project.
Hours vary by project. Hours are generally Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. during the summer.
- Attend all required orientations and trainings including Red Cross certification and safety training
- Come with a curiosity to learn, develop, and grow
- Participate in workshops through discussion, discovery, and utilize resources throughout projects to problem solve, develop team rapport, grow teaching skills
- Interest in developing professional skills through skill-building, networking, and career-minded workshops
- Share technical and professional skills with youth Apprentices and act as a role model/mentor
- Collaborate with Lead Teaching Artist in coordinating and establishing group working norms, and aide in the development of ensuring positive and collaborative team dynamics
- Manage expectations set by ArtWorks and Lead Teaching Artist; adhere to ArtWorks procedures and safety protocols, take on additional responsibilities as needed to ensure the safety of the team and worksite and project execution
- Help complete project goals, achieving excellent results both in artwork quality and youth Apprentice experience
- Work with fellow staff to maintain clean workspace and equipment, as well as help conduct final cleanup and inventory all supplies
- Assist fellow Teaching Staff in leading small groups of youth Apprentices to execute the project
- Mentor Junior Teaching Artists in leading small groups of apprentices to execute the project
- Must be at least 24 years old
- BFA, graduate degree, or commensurate experience in the arts and education
- Must be detail-oriented and have excellent organizational, communication and decision-making skills
- Must demonstrate proactive leadership with ability to take initiative, balance priorities and meet deadlines
- Must have the ability to motivate diverse teams, and teach to varying degrees of artistic knowledge and ability
· All ArtWorks employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to the first day of employment. The vaccination series should be completed no later than 14 days prior to the first day of employment. Proof of vaccination or valid exemption will be required if hired. Please reach out to email@example.com if you have questions.
The successful candidate will be
- A good listener and have a positive attitude
- Empathetic, team-player, and able to create a safe and supportive workplace
- Open to feedback, learning opportunities, and self-growth
- Detail-oriented in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines
How to apply
You will be asked to upload the following as part of your application. Please take time to prepare these documents in advance of beginning the application.
- Five art work samples. Many of our opportunities are mural projects. Please include some representational painting and drawing samples in your portfolio to be considered for mural opportunities. Please combine all images into one PDF document no larger than 4MB. Upload using the additional materials button.
- Resume or CV
- Three professional references
ArtWorks is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.