At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Senior Software Engineer - Traffic Management Team
Wasabi is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Traffic Management software development team. In this role, you will use your knowledge of storage devices, the Linux kernel/OS, and software development to help a team dedicated to highly reliable, secure, scalable and innovative technology for Wasabi's hot cloud storage service.
The Wasabi hot cloud storage service is an enterprise-grade public cloud object storage service that consists of Wasabi-built and Wasabi-optimized software that operates on leading-edge compute and storage hardware. The Wasabi technology stack is deployed as Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) in top-tier data centers in 6 storage regions in the US, EMEA, and JAPAC. The number of storage regions will increase in the future, as well the features and packaging options associated with the Wasabi service. The Wasabi service is used by a global customer base with over 25,000 customers and 4,500 resellers. Services that are comparable to Wasabi include AWS S3, Microsoft Azure Blob, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Storage.
To be successful in this role, you should have expertise in agile software development, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. In this position, you should demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in software design.
- Investigate product issues, perform root cause analysis of failures, and propose remediation in a timely manner with an obsession with meeting the customer’s needs.
- Work on an agile development team, support and contribute to our global application and services framework.
- Work closely with our development teams to understand existing product designs, consider emerging needs, and implement effective improvements without introducing future problems.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code, always considering the scalability, reliability, performance, security, and recovery associated with highly available systems.
- Function well in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- 7+ years of software development experience in storage devices
- Understanding and expertise with Linux and scripting a must. Experience with Ansible, Terraform and related tools is a bonus
- Previous experience with modern virtualization and containerization technologies (virtual machines, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, etc). Experience with public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, etc) a bonus
- Understanding of web services and modern API best practices (HTTP, REST, GRPC)
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP and SSL/TLS
- Previous experience in a cloud storage environment
- Possess a good attitude and a “team-first” mentality