The Buyer/Planner serves as a vital member of the manufacturing operations team reporting to the Materials Manager. This role is requires a high energy, self-motivated individual with a strong drive for results. Your manager will provide guidance and set expectations while empowering you to use your analytical and technical skills to achieve high levels of performance.
- Review customer forecasts and ERP messages to successfully execute manufacturing and purchase order issuance, scheduling, and follow-through.
- PO Maintenance including tracking shipments through carrier portals or emails, adding container numbers, date moves, etc. into ERP system
- Plan and schedule materials and manufacturing to meet our customer’s requirements and the organizations financial objectives.
- Work closely with the other buyers and planners issuing and maintaining purchase orders and manufacturing orders.
- Interact frequently with suppliers, manufacturing personnel, quality & the commercial team to ensure effective execution of new product introduction, product phase out, engineering change effectivity & on-time delivery.
- Facilitate regular production meetings to review the status of work orders and identify obstacles impacting the plan.
- Interface directly with the shop floor, scheduling and problem solving.
- You will enable business growth through reliable execution and consistent customer satisfaction.
- Comprehensive health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, etc) for positions of 30 hours or more per week
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contribution
- Company provided Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Spousal Life, Child Life, Critical Illness, Accident, and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) with matching contribution that is fully vested from day 1
- Generous amount of PTO, plus 14 paid Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunity
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively with minimal level of supervision.
- Working knowledge of Work Order creation, BOM structures, and inventory transactions.
- Assertive with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with the use of Excel spreadsheets and other Microsoft Office products.
- Planning/Purchasing background with ability to use ERP/MRP systems (Infor 4th Shift).
- Attention to detail in order to validate and match invoices to purchase orders.
- High level of urgency and responsiveness.
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines.
- Ability to facilitate/coordinate activities, cross-functionally as necessary, to achieve required results.
- Creativity with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Supply Chain, Business Administration or closely related technical field preferred but experience in leu of degree considered.
- APICS or similar certification or training.