As a key member of the plant operations leadership team, the Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor will ensure manufacturing process continuity for the Binghamton, NY facility. Working in a fast-paced team environment, the ME Supervisor will work cross-functionally across the organization including design engineering, quality, materials, manufacturing, and finance. The ME Supervisor is responsible for executing change using process improvement methodologies, assisting in implementing the organization’s lean strategy, executing project initiatives, training, and mentoring key resources. Moreover, you will be supported by a leadership team that values lean manufacturing principles and understands the value and link to achieve operational excellence.
- Supervises direct reports, which includes prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is properly trained; ensuring employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and making hiring, and disciplinary decisions or recommendations.
- Leads and/or facilitates process development in the areas of assembly, winding, casing, and machining.
- Executes capital purchases including drafting of advanced funding requests (AFE) required for new and improved processes.
- Leads and/or facilitates creation of work instructions, standard work documents and performs initial employee training on new or revised processes.
- Ensures the value streams are producing quality products, safely and on-time from raw material to the customer at an acceptable cost.
- Participates in daily management process and provides support to manufacturing teams in the identification of issues, problem solving and the removal of barriers.
- Lead the Elliott team in deploying the CentroMotion Operating System (CMOS).
- Utilizes Engineering Work Request (EWR) system for part print changes, inquiry & prototype tasks on new designs.
- Exposure to information, which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Provides recommendations in product designs to reduce overall manufacturing costs.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication skills: ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize a team to effectively accomplish organizational goals.
- Ability to work as a team member with peers to measure performance to expectation, identify gaps/barriers & implement solutions to exceed expectations.
- Ability to be hands as an individual contributor and leader in delivering business objectives.
- Experience with time studies and creating manufacturing routers is required.
- Blueprint Reading and G.D. & T. experience required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Previous experience working with ERP systems is preferred.
- G & M code programming experience preferred.
- AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline preferred
- 5 to 7 years related Manufacturing Engineering experience preferred.
- 1-3 years in a Supervisory/Managerial role preferred
- Cad, Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint & Word, Network Operating System
Expected Leadership Behaviors:
- Execution and Performance: expecting and holding team members accountable for high performance. Delivers and seeks frequent, candid feedback to elicit high performance from self and team members.
- Customer Focused: builds and leverages relationships to understand the needs of customers and markets. Integrates customer focus into business initiatives.
- Teamwork/Collaboration: facilitating opportunities for functional and cross-functional collaboration to develop and achieve organizational goals.
- Integrity: demonstrates highest global standards of integrity in practices and decision making while holding team members accountable for integrity in the work of the organization.
- Professional/Business Acumen: has, and continually seeks, economic, financial, market and industry trends to understand and improve individuals, teams and organizational results. Exhibits curiosity.
- Strategic Leadership and Execution: applies vision to think beyond the immediate situation and explores multiple potential paths. Invests time in planning, discovery, and reflection to better drive decisions and more efficient implementation. Ensures that business goals are met by executing, monitoring, and adjusting the organizational action plan.
- Influence: impacts others’ thinking, decisions, or behavior through inclusive practices and relationship building. Drives action through influence, often without authority.
- People Leadership: inspires, motivates, and empowers people to achieve organizational goals. Coaches, mentors, and manages employee experience, and employee performance, through mindful preparation. Creates space for others to lead. Fosters environment for development. Adapts communication to the audience, uses communication as a leadership tool. Able to manage through ambiguity.