As a Portfolio Analyst within the Business Lending team, you would be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day management of the Business Lending Loan Portfolio. In this role, you would be required to manage all aspects of the lending portfolio, which includes managing past due loans, underwriting loan renewals and be a point of contact for our clients and Relationship Managers.
The Portfolio Analyst works with the Portfolio Manager to ensure the loan portfolio is performing, and to identify warning signals in advance of loans that fail to perform. In addition, you will assist with creation of reporting for senior management about portfolio metrics and performance.
· Assist with maintaining, and troubleshooting a portfolio of Business Banking, Commercial, and SBA Loans
· Monitor the portfolio and identify any potential red flags with loans before they become troubled assets
· Assist Portfolio Manager with loan renewals and modifications in a timely manner; track the maturing loans report to ensure loans are renewed or extended before maturity date
· Provide updates to Chief Credit Officer and Senior Credit Officer as needed
· Back up assistance to the New Money Underwriting team in times of high volume
· Work as a team player and be considerate of customers, co-workers, and vendors
· Interact with clients and Account Officers regarding renewals, payments, and collection of financial statements
· Facilitate submission of files and other documents requested for audits and reviews
· Other duties as determined to ensure the portfolio is being tracked and monitored in an efficient and timely manner
Expected Experience, Skills and Education:
· Prior portfolio management experience for Business Banking or Commercial lending
· Knowledge of SBA and various governmental agencies reporting requirements and regulations preferred
· Proficiency using MS Excel, Word, and Outlook required
· Strong attention to detail a must along with organizational skills required.
· Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Requires problem solving skills as well as the initiative to troubleshoot and find resolutions
· Strong verbal and written communication skills needed
All employees are expected to contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing requested duties regardless of explicit inclusion in the job description or reasonable relation to an employee’s primary role. Additionally, all employees must understand and adhere to all federal and state laws and banking regulations and company policies and procedures applicable to assigned job responsibilities, including compliance as appropriate under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
Additionally, all employees are expected to demonstrate the following Core Competencies:
Professionalism – acting with responsibility, integrity and accountability; demonstrating consistent trustworthiness and reliability; always remaining flexible, adaptable and willing to accept coaching; building and managing professionally healthy relationships; deliberately managing career decisions; and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
Communication – understanding various active and passive tools and styles and their effects; and exhibiting appropriate, effective, timely use of tools and styles to connect, collaborate, facilitate teamwork and serve customers.
Work Quality – demonstrating an ongoing commitment to compliance, safety and security; executing work with efficiency, a sense of urgency and attention to detail; and displaying organized work practices and a results-oriented mindset.
Analytical Ability – navigating work-related circumstances with practical, sound reasoning; and demonstrating creativity in problem solving.
Leadership – displaying good judgment and certainty in decision making; taking initiative with job-related demands; demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices; managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals; and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.
Merchants Bancorp and its affiliates and subsidiaries are committed to being equal opportunity employers. All job candidates and incumbents will be assessed based on only criteria relevant to successfully performing the job as defined in this job description and as generally accepted in the job’s relevant industries.