GoldenWolf, LLC is a trusted advisor and facilities management support provider for military medical facilities professionals. Our team members are highly skilled and experienced in medical facilities management and bring deep expertise and cultural understanding to our clients’ unique challenges working not only in medical facilities but also within the Department of Defense political and fiscal environment.
As a Women-Owned, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business with 8(A) certification, GoldenWolf is uniquely positioned to serve our Military Medical clients. Our history demonstrates a broad and deep range of engineering, technical, and strategic services. GoldenWolf’s goal is to develop innovative and executable solutions in all facets of facilities management.
The BUILDER Engineer is responsible for providing program support for a comprehensive Defense Health Agency (DHA) BUILDER sustainment program and coordinates directly with Facilities Departments/Divisions at the designated Activities. The BUILDER Sustainment Management System (SMS) is a web-based software application developed to help engineers, managers and technicians decide when, where and how to best maintain building infrastructure. The engineer uses BUILDER information about condition, functionality, and remaining service life, to help develop short- and long-range plans based on sound investment strategies, and budget constraints coupled with input from the BUILDER technicians and managers within the specific Area of Responsibility (AOR). Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Visually assess real property in accordance with BUILDER guidance to determine operating efficiency, capacity, and remaining life expectancy.
- Travel to remote sites (CONUS and OCONUS) to assess Real Property installed equipment (RPIE) in accordance with BUILDER guidance to determine operating efficiency, capacity, and remaining life expectancy by walking through the facility to assess condition and gather pertinent info for data entry into BUILDER.
- Travel is required - 25% travel monthly is typical (periodically up to 50% possible depending on project needs)
- Ability to utilize a computer, IPAD and/or tablet to access and update proprietary software on a daily basis and when traveling.
- Review and validate work plan items, translating them into executable work packages for DMLSS-Facilities Management(FM).
- Develop BUILDER work plans generating items for induction into DMLSS-FM Work Request and Requirements modules.
- Perform BUILDER inventory surveys and full site assessments for facilities added to client portfolio.
- Implement BUILDER section updates.
- Serve as BUILDER Subject Matter Expert for all sustainment and assessment related activities.
- Sustain BUILDER data to accurately reflect field observed conditions.
- Work collaboratively within the organization to support the interests and needs of our clients and to broaden the business base of GoldenWolf.
- Communicates and collaborates with marketing and proposal teams to provide technical and project related information required to promote and gain new projects, programs, and systems if necessary.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Competency (Skills/Abilities):
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to draw information from several sources to form comprehensive and systematic recommendations serving immediate and long-term facilities management interests.
- Possess a thorough understanding of RPIE and systems.
- Strong analytical thinking and critical thinking skills are imperative.
- Ability to understand and work with new technologies and iOS applications, and provide feedback to software developers from a field perspective.
- Demonstrated experience working within a team structure as well as autonomous/individual work environments to achieve contract goals.
- Able to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field (Mechanical, Electrical or Civil) is required.
- 5+ years of technical experience with Real Property Systems; Mechanical, Structural and Electrical required.
- Experience with the BUILDER SMS software platform is preferred.
- Experience in the construction and/or facilities management fields is required.
- Experience working with Government Organizational Structure, Processes, and Procedures is preferred.
- Experience creating comprehensive reports with engineering-based recommendations is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with databases and data management is required.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a favorable DoD Secret Clearance (Tier 3 level investigation)
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Extensive walking through facility while on-site.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work remotely and on-site as required by the position, client and/or contract requirements.
- May be required to travel up to 50%.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- May be required to climb, crawl and crouch to access equipment.
The work environment is typical of those employees who perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Work location varies and employee may be required to travel in CONUS and OCONUS areas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GoldenWolf offers a robust training program to include a combination of both on-the-job and online study program covering all the modules in BUILDER.
Job Type: Full-Time/Remote Position (at least 40 hours per week)
Salary Range: $55,000.00-$70,000.00 annually (Compensation based on experience and skill.)
- Paid time off· 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Medical, dental, vision plans
- 401K Retirement Savings
- Employee paid supplemental STD, LTD, Life, Accident and Critical Illness coverage
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
As Federal Contractors, GoldenWolf is committed to complying with all COVID-19 safety protocols detailed in President Biden’s Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and the related requirements issued by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force.
All GoldenWolf employees are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022 unless a medical or religious exemption has been granted. New employees are required to be fully vaccinated or seek and receive an approved exemption to the vaccination requirement by January 18, 2022. All exemption requests are subject to a review board. In the event an exemption has been granted, the employee must comply with all COVID-19 safety protocols mandated by our customers and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force, including but not limited to frequent testing and attestation in compliance with the EO. Contract and site-specific vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over GoldenWolf's vaccination policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity or national origin.