LJPR Financial Advisors is looking for a Financial Advisor to join their team. In this position, you will partner with the client(s) and their comprehensive wealth management team, including attorneys, CPAs, CFPs, and CFAs. This is a client relationship management position. This individual will meet with clients and serve as an initial point of contact to respond to client issues including tax, financial planning, retirement planning, and estate planning issues.
• Meeting with clients to provide updates on their personal wealth position.
• Provide excellent customer service and support which includes promptly returning phone calls, e-mailing, updating CRM and coordinating with other team members.
• Participate in the acquisition of new clients and promote the firm to its audience of prospective clients.
• Build positive relationships with peers and colleagues while working effectively with others to accomplish organizational goals.
• Responsible for the day-to-day relationship management functions for the assigned clients.
• Research and resolve client issues for both clients and prospects.
• Follow all compliance/risk procedures, corporate and industry protocols.
• Ensure that all paperwork, policy and procedures for client requests have been adhered to in order to satisfy compliance requirements.
• Create client reports and spreadsheets, as required.
• Create and present financial plans.
• Create and present financial models for clients and prospects.
• Attend LJPR audience-building events.
• Perform duties with confidence, minimal supervision and sound judgment.
• Provide professional consulting/advisory services and solutions to clients through the development, delivery and implementation of advanced planning techniques: (estate, tax, investment, retirement).
• Work alongside the management team to achieve personal goals aligned with the company’s goals, with the focus always being placed first on the client relationship.
• Monitor and work toward weekly goals for new assets with existing and new clients.
• Follow-up on leads that are directed through various channels (educational programs, website, referrals, etc.) and work to diligently to convert prospects into clients.
• Attend community and/or industry-specific forums, conferences and/or meetings to broaden relationships, grow a network and continually deepen knowledge of trends, practices, products and competitors.
What traits and competencies should a Financial Advisor candidate possess?
• An autonomous, self-motivated and entrepreneurial personality.
• Relationship-building skills and a commitment to establishing long-term clients.
• A strong desire for performance driven compensation.
• Ability to think critically and use sound judgment when serving clients.
• A track record of professional success.
• High personal integrity.
• A desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• The ability to learn, digest and apply new information to client relationships.
• Must demonstrate a positive and professional image, at all times.
• Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively.
• Must be organized, detail-oriented, dependable, patient and accurate.
• Displays the ability to be highly effective in a team-oriented environment and to build key relationships.
• Conducts business with an unwavering code of ethics and confidentiality.
• 10+ years of experience in the finance industry with 5+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the fee-only space (wire house experience is acceptable)
• A book of business is not necessary, but it would be a plus
• Experience with individual clients and families
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with Salesforce (CRM), Tamarac (client portal), MoneyGuide Pro is a plus
• Experience with Schwab, Fidelity, and TD Ameritrade platforms is a plus
• Strong experience developing and deepening client relationships
• Excellent computer, interpersonal and communication skills
Education & Certifications:
• Four-year degree in a related field
• Professional credential(s) – CFP (in progress is acceptable), CPA/PFS, CFA or AIF