U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology, and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create, and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture, and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
The Technology Operations Manager will be responsible for supporting / maintaining the technology infrastructure and related systems for U.S. Soccer’s Coaching Education programs at the National Development Center (NDC) in Kansas City, Kansas. While a background in soccer is not required, the ideal candidate will be familiar with be competent in applying their expertise to support, sustain and further leverage onsite and digital technology to improve sporting operations. In addition to the operational duties listed below, the position will provide support to day-to-day event operations at the NDC and be responsible for maintaining alignment with the Federation’s Core IT team in Chicago.
• Support and maintain all aspects of technology at the NDC
• Support end user devices and technology for staff at the NDC
• Train staff and external users on the use of all facility technology and related software
• Coordinate with staff, external users, and partner organizations to quickly troubleshoot and resolve all technology-related problems at the facility
• Collaborate with U.S. Soccer’s Technology team to facilitate systems and data integration across the entire organization, and ensure information security and best practices
• Support Coaching Education Programming and other Federation events located at the NDC
• Create and maintain positive working relationships with members by providing proactive training, support, and service
• Work collaboratively with Coaching Education team to execute all department operations and administration
• Continuously investigate emerging technologies and their application to the department’s operations and goals, and suitability for the facility
• Additional duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Education/Experience)
• Bachelor's degree or related experience in technology with a focus on end user computing, hardware, and support
• Experience with Ubiquiti networking hardware / platforms a plus
• Experience with Crestron AV systems a plus
• Confident in learning new technologies quickly, not only as an end-user, but also from support and development perspectives
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Proven track record of creative, sustainable problem solving
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Outstanding organizational and planning skills
• Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow
• Full-time position, 40+ hour work week
• Weekend and holiday work required
• Travel may be required
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Live our Principles & Values
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills