SUMMARY: The PIT Coach provides one-on-one and group instruction and guidance to members regarding their exercise abilities and techniques to enable safe and effective exercise experiences for the members.
VISION: At Four Seasons, our employees should exhibit a passion for “transforming lives” and work to create a “healthier community” among members and staff. They should provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.” Employees should also understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ core values through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide one-on-one and group instruction, guidance, and techniques to members within their exercise abilities and in order to enable safe and effective exercise experiences in accordance with the MBSC Thrive program.
- Educate and motivate members toward a healthier, more fit lifestyle, coordinating with other professional services (such as dietitians and medical providers) as needed.
- Establish baseline measurements for members by offering appropriate fitness tests and assessments.
- Develop positive relationships with members and encourage active participation and program growth.
- Maintain accurate records and completes forms and reports as required.
- Maintain fitness equipment to assure preservation of equipment and safety of members.
- Maintain cleanliness of PIT area
- Work as a team member with all staff to provide a high level of service to members.
- Communicate effectively with other staff members, and management, to assure delivery of a strong program within established policies and procedures.
- Attend scheduled department meetings and required staff training throughout the year.
- Seek continuing education experiences to gain knowledge, improve skills, and maintain certifications.
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- SMILE and provide a positive environment for all members, staff, and guests.
- Nationally accredited Personal Trainer certification required, to be maintained throughout employment. CSCS or other sports performance certifications preferred.
- Experience in fitness and strength training required,
- Experience with team athletics at all levels preferred.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in exercise physiology, kinesiology, or health and fitness related required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have own transportation back and forth between facilities and throughout the community as needed during the work shift to perform assigned duties.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with sound judgment.
- CPR/AED certification to be obtained within 30 days of hire, to be maintained throughout employment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Display a passion for health and wellness.
- Dresses appropriately and professionally in required uniform and name badge.
- Ability to physically and vocally demonstrate exercise activities and methods on available equipment.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the facilities, including the second floor and basement.
- Able to visually and auditorially monitor clients’ activities.
- Able to communicate effectively with management, staff, and others in person, by telephone, and in writing.
Functions regularly within exercise, recreation, and office settings. Is regularly exposed to smells of swimming pools and exercise areas. Frequently works varying hours and days. Occasionally travels around the community to companies and organizations. Is occasionally exposed to bodily fluids or demanding physical exertion during emergency response situations; risks are minimized by adherence to established safety procedures.