SUMMARY: The Personal Trainer provides one-on-one and group instruction and guidance to members regarding their exercise abilities and techniques to enable safe and effective exercise experiences for the members.
VISION: At Four Seasons, our employees should exhibit a passion for “transforming lives” and work to create a “healthier community” among members and staff. They should provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.” Employees should also understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ core values through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide one-on-one and group instruction, guidance, and techniques to members within their exercise abilities and in order to enable safe and effective exercise experiences.
- Motivate and encourage members in their fitness routines.
- Educate and motivate members toward a healthier, fit lifestyle, coordinating with other professional services (such as nutrition therapists and medical providers) as needed.
- Provide fitness testing within scope of programs and abilities.
- Develop positive relationships with members and encourage active participation and program growth.
- Maintain accurate records and completes forms and reports as required.
- Follow up on leads and have ongoing communication with current and potential clients.
- Maintain fitness equipment, including strength training equipment, steps, bikes, to assure preservation of equipment and safety of members.
- Work as a team member with all Fitness staff to provide a high level of service to members.
- Communicate effectively with other staff members, and management, to assure delivery of a strong program within established policies and procedures.
- Attend scheduled department meetings and required staff training throughout the year.
- Seek continuing education experiences to gain knowledge, improve skills, and maintain certifications.
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- SMILE and provide a positive environment for all members, staff, and guests.
- Nationally recognized Personal Trainer certification (AFAA, ACE, ACSM, NASM, NSCA, or other manager approved certification) required, to be maintained throughout employment.
- Experience in fitness and strength training required, and experience in health and fitness setting preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; health and fitness related college study or degree preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have own transportation back and forth between facilities and throughout the community as needed during the work shift to perform assigned duties.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with sound judgment.
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- CPR/AED certification to be obtained within 30 days of hire, to be maintained throughout employment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to effectively instruct others on training techniques in order to help clients achieve their fitness goals.
- Ability to demonstrate exercise activities and methods on available equipment.
- Ability to work with clients of various ages and physical abilities.
- Display a passion for health and wellness.
- Standing, walking, and lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the facilities, including the second floor and basement.
- Able to visually and auditorially monitor clients’ activities.
- Able to communicate effectively with members and staff in person, by telephone, and in writing.
- Display professionalism in all actions with staff and members.
Functions regularly within exercise, recreation, and office settings. Is regularly exposed to smells of swimming pools and exercise areas. Frequently works varying hours and days. Occasionally travels around the community to companies and organizations. Is occasionally exposed to bodily fluids or demanding physical exertion during emergency response situations; risks are minimized by adherence to established safety procedures.