Job Title: Accounting & Human Resources Assistant
Supervisor/s: Director of Finance and Administration & Operations and Human Resources Manager
Status: Non-exempt, Hourly, Full-time
Pay Range: $19 to $21 per hour
Primary Location: Remote & New Center
Through tax assistance, advocacy, small business technical assistance and partnerships, Accounting Aid Society is focused on creating an economy that works for everyone. Accounting Aid seeks a self-starter who is as invested in economic mobility and poverty alleviation as we are. We’re using taxes to build relationships, and relationships to build futures-including yours.
We are looking for a dynamic self-starter, with superb organizational and time management skills, to join our team as an Accounting & Human Resources Assistant. This individual will support both the Director of Finance and Administration and the Operations & Human Resources Manager with the accounting and human resources functions.
Accounting Aid Society, a Crain’s Best-Managed Nonprofit, fosters an always-learning and innovative environment; offers best in class benefits and values fun and collaboration.
Job Responsibilities - Accounting Assistant:
- Perform accounting and clerical duties related to the maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions
- Perform accounting and clerical duties related to the maintenance and processing of accounts receivable transactions
- Record transactions in accounting software
- Monitor daily accounting transactions; verifying accuracy of financial or transactional data
- Maintain accurate vendor records and files
- Track weekly and monthly budget information
- Manage department budgets across the agency
Job Responsibilities - Human Resources:
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees; refers more complex questions to Human Resources Manager or management
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately
- Provides clerical support
- May assist with payroll functions including answering employee questions and correcting timesheets
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
- Scheduling and coordinating interviews, meetings and other HR events
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field
- 1-3 years of accounting and human resources experience
- Knowledge of and familiarity with business principles and practices
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, accounts receivable and payables, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of human resources principles and practices, onboarding, employment record requirements and file retention requirements
Required Skills, Abilities & Characteristics:
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong information collecting
- The ability to work in a virtual environment and in an office environment
- Ability to analyze financial records
- Discretion with confidential information
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Suite and spreadsheets
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications
Accounting Aid Society offers a comprehensive employee benefits package, including:
- Paid Time Off (12 observed paid holidays, vacation days accrual & bereavement days)
- Life insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care Account & Dependent Account)
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- Pet Insurance Discount
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accounting Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, writing sample and resume to our Paylocity Portal at: Application Link