Looking to join a Winning Team as a Branch Manager Trainee? If yes, read on.
We are recruiting 1st string leaders to join our team as Branch Manager Trainees through the Vandalia Rental Leadership Development Program that have a passion for our industry. This is a comprehensive program designed to give you knowledge in all operational areas of Vandalia Rental, develop your financial and business acumen as well as leadership skills. These skills and tools will ensure your success as a future Branch Manager. The Leadership Develop Program will take 6-12 months to complete, depending on your prior experience. Position will rotate between our Vandalia, OH and Franklin, OH locations.
Established in 1961 and headquartered just outside of Dayton, Ohio – Vandalia Rental is an exponentially expanding organization in the equipment rental industry. Powered by intense team members that work hard and play hard together, we currently have locations in Lima, OH – Vandalia, OH – Franklin, OH – Cincinnati, OH – Columbus, OH - Florence, KY and more to come. We promote collaboration, strive for professional excellence and do everything possible to ensure personal success. We will provide you the tools and freedom to build your team and you provide the business acumen and leadership to drive success.
What you will be doing as a Branch Manager Trainee:
- The Branch Manager Trainee will work in each department and learn what it takes to win. Each area will be planned to allow you the best opportunity to learn the business
- Wash equipment, operate equipment, load and unload customers, service equipment to ensure clean, quality equipment and customer satisfaction
- Take and make phone calls to customers; write quotes, reservations and contracts that drive revenue
- Work with the logistics team to understand the delivery drivers’ role and learn dispatching
- Turn a wrench or two and work with the maintenance team that provides safe, well operating equipment
- Hit the road as an outside sales team member and generate new business
- You will be coached, mentored and trained to develop your leadership, financial and business skills
- Ultimately, you will become an Assistant Branch Manager or Branch Manager as the opportunity arises. This includes, coaching, developing and leading your team, maintaining an incredible culture, P&L responsibilities, safety, quality and efficiency, and everything else that comes with being an awesome leader!
What you want to know:
- $60,000 salary per year to start
- Monthly bonus opportunity - And Yes, we pay it and it is easy to understand
- 401(k) with $1 for $1 match, up to 6% of your pay
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurances
- Tuition assistance
- Generous rental discounts
- Great team to work with
- Team events throughout the year
What we need from you as a Branch Manager Trainee:
- Must be willing to relocate within the United States for promotional purposes – We are in a strong growth trajectory as an organization and will be adding locations in different areas (cities, states, planets) as part of this growth. You will be required to sign a mobility commitment agreement.
- Equipment rental experience, equipment experience or something just as great, but similar
- Leadership experience is required
- Independent thinker, but not a radical. Must be quick on your feet - If you can’t make a decision or have terrible analytic skills, this won’t be a good fit for you. You need to write the playbook, not be given the playbook
- Must haves include; but are not limited to: High school diploma - but a college degree is preferred, valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record, authorized to work in the United States, be able to sit and stand for long periods, be able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance, be able to have exposure to heat in the summer and cold in the winter, don’t mind dirt, grease, grime, dust, diesel, hard work and having fun. If you don’t have it or don’t want it, this won’t work out.
- Winning attitude and a drive to succeed!
- Must be technologically inclined. We use computers, tablets, multi-line phones, copiers, tape, staplers, brooms, envelopes, etc.
- High degree of organization and you can’t get frazzled by multiple changing priorities. If you prefer to focus on one task until completion before starting another, this isn’t the role for you
- Travel is minimal
- All candidates will be required to take an assessment to be considered – Culture Index.