Who We Are:
We are a software development and IT consulting firm who knock the socks off our clients. We work closely with organizations to develop creative and custom software solutions so they can focus on what’s most important, their mission. Here at KL&A, we love what we do and believe that our employees are our greatest asset which is why we search for the best and brightest (and perhaps the most caffeinated) of the bunch. And we don’t mean to brag, but we’re honored to have been named a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press for three years in a row.
Who You Are:
You’re super creative and thrive in environments that make you think outside the box. You’ve got a smashing sense of humor that you’ve been dying to incorporate into your work. Not only are you looking for a company that’s truly open to new ideas, but you’re hoping to work for people that embrace even the wackiest of ideas. And you can’t wait to constantly be a part of something new and exciting. You love capturing a brand’s personality and sharing it with the world. You’re a stickler for perfection, especially when it comes to design. You enjoy collaborating with those around you but can also accomplish tasks as a solo artist. You’re able to seamlessly transition from one task to the next without skipping a beat, as well as juggle multiple tasks when necessary. Continuous learning is important to you, so you stay up-to-date on the latest marketing and design trends. You elevate those around you by mentoring fellow teammates and teaching others. You’re personable, self-motivated, and love lending a hand to your colleagues.
About the Role:
As a Marketing Coordinator, you’ll work closely with some pretty awesome teammates and business development leaders to execute a variety of marketing initiatives. You’ll play a key role in every stage of marketing from project planning, through design and development, to execution and even evaluation. You’ll use your natural wit and creativity to craft engaging content for the company’s social media platforms, website, and anywhere else that might help win some new business or impress some potential employees. You’ll work with the team to maintain the company’s website, review its performance, and identify areas for improvement. You’ll use your killer organizational and writing skills to oversee the successful execution of the company’s social media presence and blog, including coordinating with blog writers and performing editorial reviews. You’ll even design and create on-brand graphics for use on the company’s website, social media platforms, and other applicable materials. You’ll help maintain the company’s centralized photo and asset repository and, on occasion, frolic around various company events snapping photos of the staff. You’ll work in both in-person and remote settings. Your work schedule will take place in the Eastern time zone and you’ll travel to our Okemos, MI office on an as-needed basis.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without a current or future need for visa sponsorship
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a marketing position, such as marketing associate, marketing coordinator, or digital marketing specialist.
- Must have a strong understanding of marketing concepts, strategies, trends, and best practices
- Experience writing content for various marketing initiatives, such as company collateral, webpages, advertisements, press releases, and/or other marketing/sales communications
- Experience with content management systems (preferably WordPress), Google Analytics, and SEO tools
- Experience using a social media management platform to publish, monitor, and evaluate social media posts
- Experience creating and maintaining a content calendar for a company’s social media
- Must have excellent writing skills, including the ability to write engaging and persuasive content that is concise, yet thorough
- Experience designing and creating vector graphics that adhere to brand guidelines
- Proficient in Adobe CC apps (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace apps
- Must be self-motivated with a desire and drive to continuously learn and grow as a professional and as an individual
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English) with the ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders
Bonus Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in the IT/software industry
- Experience with B2B marketing
- Experience managing and/or contributing to a company blog
- Experience with email marketing platforms
- Experience with paid search and Google Adwords
- Experience with video production
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive salaries with bonus potential
- Three (3) weeks paid vacation (prorated for first year); four (4) weeks at five years of employment
- 40 days of paid sick time (prorated for first year)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Ongoing education and training reimbursement
- Employee recruiting incentives
- Premium healthcare insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care and medical care
- Employer-paid, long-term disability and group life insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Workspace customization allowance
- Awesome co-workers!
During the pandemic, KL&A is conducting all interviews via phone or online with video conference technology. New employees are being onboarded virtually and provided the tools they need to begin employment while working remotely. KL&A is currently operating in a fully remote capacity while continuously monitoring the changes and trends in our area. KL&A will continue to operate remotely until it is deemed safe for our employees to return to the office.
Kunz, Leigh & Associates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kunz, Leigh & Associates complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kunz, Leigh & Associates expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Kunz, Leigh & Associates’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.