The Senior Financial Analyst serves a vital role on the Industrial Business Unit Team. Based in Pewaukee, WI, this position will be responsible for financial planning, analysis and month end close support. The Senior Financial Analyst reports to the Finance Director and partners with and supports multiple functional leaders and colleagues from the numerous different businesses within the segment. This position offers great visibility to high levels of leadership to a high-potential candidate that is looking to accelerate their learning and professional growth. This role is a key development step on a career path towards a future plant controller or other finance leadership role.
- Lead the business planning process and consolidation of operating annual plans.
- Prepare monthly reporting package and analysis of results and variances.
- Provide key financial and business support.
- Serve as a business partner and assist other functional leaders with financial analysis and business improvement initiatives.
- Performs economic research and studies in areas of rates of return, depreciation, investment performance, and working capital return.
- Develop business cases for major capital programs; analyze the achievement of projected benefits.
- Actively participate at all levels of the business and with all disciplines.
- Interface with corporate finance and treasury and across business units to collect and/or report on business performance.
- Assist with or lead special projects and ad hoc analysis as required.
- Assist with the maintenance of a proper system of internal controls and provide support to the businesses as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance. MBA preferred.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a finance/FP&A role.
- Previous experience supporting a manufacturing environment required. Exposure to multi-plant/multi-location manufacturing environment preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively with a minimal level of supervision
- Strong skills in variance analysis, problem solving, and root cause analysis
- Ability to assimilate knowledge quickly and facilitate effective decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop concise analytical summaries
- Ability to operate effectively in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Proficient with the use of Excel spreadsheets and other Microsoft Office products
- Solid business acumen.
- Ability to be flexible with changing work priorities.
- HFM and SmartView experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. required.
- Potential for a hybrid work schedule post-onboarding period.
- Strong attention to detail and personal organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Clear and concise written skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.