About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, landscape architecture, planning, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 200 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
The Architect/Interior Designer will work with and learn from peers and leaders from around the firm and must demonstrate proven design leadership skills as well as an ability to contribute to an energetic design process.
This position will be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement with the expectation that approximately 50% of the time will be spent working in an Ayers Saint Gross office, at a client site, or at offsite locations for company sponsored events as needed.
- Collaborate on projects, including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and CA.
- Produce millwork / furniture drawings and details, which meet various and specific program requirements while also representing an overall design concept.
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents.
- Collaborate and participate with the project team for the finished plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction.
- Work with consultants, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples, when necessary.
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience as an Architect or Interior Designer.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Interior Design.
- Architectural license or NCIDQ certification will be considered a plus.
- Good knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, furniture systems and specifications, and interior finish selections and specifications.
- Knowledge of life safety codes and requirements.
- Proficiency in documenting all phases of the design process.
- Outstanding graphic and verbal presentation skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication, and client relationship management skills
- Strong proficiency in Revit.
- Experience in Rhino, Sketch up, Bluebeam and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring design to the community.
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.ayerssaintgross.com.
As part of the Health and Safety protocols at Ayers Saint Gross, effective January 4, 2022, all US-based new hires, including interns will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical, religious or other exemption from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.