The Construction General Manager oversees all aspects of construction projects, focusing on
one or more projects at one time. The ideal candidate has experience managing aerial and
underground projects, including a nuanced understanding of topics ranging from permitting
to pricing. This role will direct internal and subcontracted staff, as well as collaborate cross-functionally with departmental leaders.
- Manage aerial and underground outside plant construction projects, including fiber to the home (FTTH) from inception to completion.
- Ensure projects are completed on time within budget and in accordance with the underlying contract.
- Manage internal staff and all external vendors necessary for timely completion and within budget.
- Develop accurate project plan and budget for all assigned projects and modify as needed.
- Lead internal and external deployment meetings with other managers and team members to review the status of each job and implement changes as necessary to ensure timely project completion.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Work seamlessly with Senior Leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Complete P&L responsibility for projects.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5+ years or more previous experience with underground and aerial construction.
- Familiarity with work and safety programs.
- Familiarity with telecom equipment, design & construction techniques.
- Proficiency in reviewing and interpreting outside plant engineering plans.
- Proficiency in preparing redline drawings
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (especially Outlook and Excel) and Google Earth.
- Ability to effectively solve complicated issues.
- Strong experience with P&L, estimating, bid & proposal.
- Outstanding communication (both written and verbal) and customer service skills.
- Excellent project and time management skills.