JOB SUMMARY: The environmental service worker is responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in resident apartments and common areas and providing accurate and efficient linen service.
*Wednesday 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Friday 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM
*Be able to fill in Monday/Thursday if needed
Pay starts at $11.45
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Vacuum all carpeted areas.
• Mop all tile areas.
• Sanitize all bathroom fixtures (tub, sink, toilet, etc.).
• Clean kitchen thoroughly, including countertops, stove, refrigerator, cabinets.
• Dust as needed.
• Empty all waste paper baskets.
• Strip bed and remake with second set of resident linen.
• Gather all towels and washcloths for laundering.
• Maintain cleanliness in special purpose rooms and public/common areas. To include: sweeping, mopping, dusting, polishing and window cleaning
• Properly dilute and use all chemicals in accordance with procedures.
• Wear protective gloves when performing various tasks.
• Report any hazardous conditions or equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
• Report resident concerns/issues to supervisor using observation form
• Respond to emergencies. In accordance with Pinehurst policies
• Attend departmental in-services, staff meetings and required facility in-services.
• Wear departmental uniform on a daily basis.
• Comply with all facility in-service requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to receive and give written and oral directions. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public. This position may/will be required to provide direct care or have access to resident property or belongings.
EDUCATION: Minimum high school diploma or equivalent or willingness and ability to learn procedures necessary for position.
EXPERIENCE: Six months’ environmental services experience preferred, preferably in a health care setting.