Streetsense is seeking a Designer II, Interior Architecture, to join our New York office. You will work within a design team in a supportive manner in multiple aspects of the Interior Architecture process including but not limited to the design & documentation of all phases, the preparation of materials, and construction administration activities within established budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements.
This role is in our New York City office - it is NOT a remote position. We welcome local candidates and/or those moving to the NYC area!
We kindly ask all candidates to submit their portfolio via upload or link to be considered.
- Takes cues from Project Designer/Manager
- Collaborates with team to suggest finishes, fixtures, and furniture for projects
- Collaborate with a team in developing design solutions that meet the client’s needs on time and budget
- Assists in design and documentation from Concept through the Construction Administration phase
- Create graphic formatting and story boards for client presentations
- Actively supports compliance with BIM/CAD project standards and procedures
- Participate in presentations that communicate design concepts to the client
- Coordinate specifications with drawings to meet project requirements
- Assists with vendor interface and coordination with library resources
- Bachelor/master’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture from a CIDA or NAAB- accredited program
- 3-5 years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within the Hospitality Industry
- Proficiency in Revit or relevant BIM software strongly preferred
- Intermediate graphic and presentation skills in Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp
- Intermediate experience in construction documentation production, project design specifications, and shop drawing review
- Intermediate experience with construction materials and Specifications
- Intermediate experience with FF&E providers and FF&E specifications (for FF&E focused designers)
- Hand drafting/sketching skills
- Understanding and application of design principles, theories, color, and materials
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in completing the ARE or NCIDQ examinations
- Self-directed, motivated, collaborative, and professional
- Ability to contribute and participate in a highly collaborative team environment
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.