This position will perform necessary cooking and provide positive and proactive leadership during assigned meal shifts, to ensure optimal guest satisfaction, employee training and morale, safety, and efficiency. The person in this position shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior towards colleagues, guests and supervisors. Regular attendance is essential for this position. Adherence to a published, departmental schedule is expected and required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review prep sheets that adequately contain the menu items required.
- Organize and delegate tasks required to provide menu items to guests, also known as kitchen prep.
- Implement menu with approved recipes that provide high quality of food safety, taste, appearance, and overall completeness.
- Deliver food at the appropriate time to various dining locations.
- Meet or exceed required food sanitation at all times.
- Recommend improvements to menu/recipes.
- Maintain a high degree of guest service in all dining locations.
- Supervise efficient and effective dining room presentation so that the space is clean, organized, at a comfortable temperature, and guests are welcomed hospitably.
- Courteously and professionally answer guest questions and meet needs during the meal period.
- Efficiently organize and carry out clean-up in ways that optimize labor resources, safely preserve left-over food and meet or exceed sanitation standards.
- Organize and assign tasks so that pots and pans, dishes, and utensils are cleaned and sanitized; serving line and prep area is cleaned and sanitized; tables/chairs and high chairs are cleaned and sanitized; floors are swept and mopped; windows, window sills and other surfaces are cleaned.
- Delegate tasks to kitchen workers on duty.
- Hold kitchen employees accountable for their actions.
- Compliment and encourage employees when appropriate.
- Make sure that employees are completing their work in an accurate and efficient way.
- Stocking and inventory
- Organization of work area and storage
- Other duties as assigned
Supervises a total of 10-15 employees in the Kitchen during assigned shift. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Warm Beach Camp Ministries exists to share the hope and love of Christ through camping ministries and experiences in the Pacific Northwest.
At Black Diamond Camp, we exist to inspire Christ-like change through outdoor adventure, authentic relationships and biblical truth.
This is a year-round, full-time position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Food Handler's Card
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.