About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 180 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
We are looking for an emerging design professional in the Baltimore, MD or Washington, DC office. In this role, the Urban Designer will work collaboratively with internal project teams and external consultants to create quality planning and design solutions and provide excellent service to our clients. Projects typically overlap the disciplines of planning, architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and graphic design, and staff are usually working on more than one project at a time. The ideal candidate has an interest in higher education, cultural institutions, academic medical centers, innovation and research districts, and the opportunities and challenges they face today. They are passionate about advancing sustainability and diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education.
This position will be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement with the expectation that approximately 50% of the time will be spent working in an Ayers Saint Gross office, at a client site, or at off-site locations for company sponsored events as needed.
The Urban and Campus Designer is an energetic professional with a superb work ethic and a desire to learn. This individual is a team player, self-starter, and results-oriented individual. They will work with multi-disciplinary teams on a wide range of project types including master planning, space programming, feasibility studies, and urban design at multiple scales (city/site/building).
Candidate will work on a variety of tasks including:
- Existing conditions documentation.
- Diagramming and mapping.
- Developing design and planning concepts.
- 3D modeling – Rhino, Revit, etc.
- Producing presentation graphics and renderings.
- Creating presentations.
- Support marketing and business development activities.
- Bachelor’s (required) or Master’s (preferred) degree in combination of Architecture (preferred), Landscape Architecture, Planning, and/or Urban Design.
- 1-3 years practical experience.
- Outstanding skill with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, SketchUp, Rhino and/or 3D Studio Max.
- Revit, BIM, and GIS knowledge and capabilities preferred.
- Qualtrics, PowerBI, Tableau, and other data analysis and visualization skills are desirable.
- Exceptional graphic communication abilities.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate on large teams as well as work independently.
- Capacity for regular project-related and inter-office travel, as public health conditions allow.
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring Architecture to the community.
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.asg-architects.com.
As part of the Health and Safety protocols at Ayers Saint Gross, effective January 4, 2022, all US-based new hires, including interns will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or religious exemption from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.