About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 180 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
We are looking for an experienced architect and planner to join our campus planning and architecture practice. In this role, the Senior Designer and Planner will work collaboratively with internal project teams and external consultants to create quality planning and design solutions and provide excellent service to our clients. Projects typically overlap the disciplines of planning, architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and graphic design, and staff are usually working on more than one project at a time. The ideal candidate has demonstrated interest and experience in higher education--and particularly sciences and health sciences--to support our national expertise in this area.
This position will be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement with the expectation that approximately 50% of the time will be spent working in an Ayers Saint Gross office, at a client site, or at off-site locations for company sponsored events as needed. We are also open to remote work arrangements for the right candidate.
The Senior Designer and Planner is an energetic professional and problem solver who is passionate about creating places with lasting value to society, places where people connect with one another as well as uncover and share knowledge that changes their lives and the lives of others. They desire to work towards more sustainable and inclusive environments in higher education. They will work with multi-disciplinary teams on a wide range of project types including master planning, space programming, and feasibility studies at multiple scales (campus, precinct, building).
Candidate will work on a variety of tasks including:
- Conduct analysis to inform design decisions.
- Develop and review design and planning concepts independently and with project teams, including guiding junior staff in their work to advance concept development.
- Coordinate directly with clients, internal project teams, and external consultants.
- Articulate space needs outcomes and provide concepts that meet identified needs.
- Create presentation materials, including graphics.
- Facilitate workshops with clients to share and refine concepts.
- Actively participate in marketing and business development activities.
- Bachelor’s (required) or Master’s (preferred) degree in combination of Architecture and/or Planning.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Software skills including Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and AutoCAD are required. Rhino, Revit, GIS, PowerBI, Tableau, and/or Qualtrics skills are desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Exceptional graphic communication abilities and attention to detail.
Why Work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring Architecture to the community.
ASG is a respected leader in the community offering comprehensive benefits and a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.ayerssaintgross.com.
As part of the Health and Safety protocols at Ayers Saint Gross, effective January 4, 2022, all US-based new hires, including interns will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or religious exemption from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.