About Safeguard Medical:
Safeguard Medical is a private equity owned, Emergency Medical product and services company. Our global revenues are approximately $90MM. Approximately 70% of our revenues are from the US and approximately 85% of our revenues are from Emergency Medical products; with 15% in Emergency Medical services such as training, consultancy and simulation services.
The Senior Manager, Consolidations and External Reporting is primarily responsible for consolidating entities across the globe with focus on the management and preparation of internal and external global reporting.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares monthly consolidated financial statements, across 20+ legal entities, in a multi-currency, multi-system environment.
- Oversees the integration of newly acquired entities’ financial results into the consolidated results of the global entity while ensuring reporting compliance for purchase accounting, to meet GAAP requirements. Serves as primary liaison with external valuation advisors in the valuation of acquired businesses.
- Ensures integrity of intercompany balances and manages related party agreements across global entities.
- Works closely with all of Finance, CFO, senior management, and other external parties (attorneys, auditors) to accurately and timely prepare financial reports, based on internal and external requirements.
- Works closely with the Global Controller and team to offer technical support, training, and assistance to monitor and interpret US GAAP guidance as it relates to external financial reporting for local and corporate accounting teams. In collaboration with Global Controller, oversees GAAP to statutory reporting differences for international entities.
- Reviews prepared cash flow and equity roll-forwards on a monthly and quarterly basis. Develops support and auditable documentation for all material changes in the period.
- Partners with global finance leaders in driving the corporate close and consolidation process across all entities globally including preparation, coordination, management, quality control, performance metrics, and delivery of consolidation results to all stakeholders on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Leads balance sheet reviews to confirm compliance with corporate accounting policies and US GAAP. Works with local teams to address problems and accounting issues in advance of the next reporting period.
- Manages non-GAAP reporting and works closely with FP&A, Global Controller, and business partners to identify, assess, and highlight non-GAAP items for external reporting purposes.
- Plays a key role in assessing, initiating, and implementing process improvement changes in Corporate Accounting. Assumes a leadership and project management role to drive key initiatives within the group to success.
- Collaborates with finance team and other stakeholders to ensure quality, accuracy, and consistency of financial data in financial reporting. Promotes effective communication to achieve goals and objectives.
- Identifies activities or opportunities that create enterprise value by improving corporate growth, profitability, and/or cash flow.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA preferred.
- CPA designation highly preferred.
- 10+ years of accounting experience required.
- Experience at a public accounting firm highly desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics D365 ERP system highly desirable.
- Experience with BI reporting tools preferred.
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP, including accounting for business combinations and other complex transactions and required financial disclosure.
- In-depth understanding of a strong Internal Controls environment needed.
- Must have advanced technology skills and proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- English language fluency required.
- Demonstrated prior experience in global consolidations in complex structure.
- Thrives in a transformational environment, emerging business, building best-in-class processes (rather than a caretaker for mature, fully developed systems).
- Ability to work closely with accounting teams across entities to deliver timely reporting.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience working for a multi-site, international company highly desired.
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, technical, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills required
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations in order to meet deadlines.
- High energy, high ownership of work product, and dedication and commitment to driving results.
Demonstrates ownership and accountability; the ability to plan, execute, control, and deliver; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing at all levels; lead, challenge, and influence others effectively at all levels; independently define problems, collect data, establish facts, and solve problems; develop priorities and adjust work plans to meet deadlines; motivate a team for excellence and consistency in performance and outputs.
Performing the duties of this job regularly involves sitting, standing, walking, hearing/listening, grasping, and reaching. Vision requirements include the ability for close vision, to adjust focus, to color code.
This position requires the ability to: maintain an appropriate work pace, comprehend, write, and follow instructions, exercise logic and reasoning, read, communicate verbally and in writing, make decisions, count, and compute, multi-task/re-direct and experience numerous interruptions. This position requires the ability to maintain the highest standards of professional maturity and emotional intelligence even in difficult or stressful situations.
Occasional travel may be required, domestic and international (<10%)
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Safeguard Medical is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Safeguard Medical believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.