U.S. Soccer Overview
The next 10 years serves as a moment in time unlike any other for the sport of soccer in the United States. With the sport thriving and U.S. Soccer’s Senior, Youth and Extended National Teams achieving success on and off the field, and the FIFA World Cup on U.S. soil in 2026, there has never been a better time to join the soccer movement!
U.S. Soccer is seeking a Corporate Partnerships Coordinator to join our industry-leading team and help drive the growth of soccer in the United States. This individual will be a key contributor within U.S. Soccer’s growing commercial team and an important driver in the relationship between the Federation and its current and potential strategic partners. The Coordinator will be keenly focused on driving partner-specific commercial value among its roster of blue-chip partners. The Coordinator will work directly with Soccer United Marketing and the balance of the U.S. Soccer commercial team to build the U.S. Soccer brand, engage fans, and deliver results.
This individual will be a key contributor on a team 100% focused on growth and retention of current U.S. Soccer partnerships including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring matchday success: manage execution of on-site partner activations at all domestic U.S. Soccer controlled matches; coordinate and communicate needs with internal departments and each stadium.
- Managing day-to-day relationships: lead U.S. Soccer’s relationships with assigned commercial partners to maximize partner value; develop and implement creative and high-impact activations that help all parties achieve their goals, including Media and Content integration with our partners to build and strengthen long-term strategic relationships.
- Establishing new platforms and opportunities: work collaboratively with U.S. Soccer colleagues across all departments to help create and implement sellable programming and identify ways that current partners can be authentically integrated to help accomplish their goals, and support U.S. Soccer’s bullish growth projections.
- Securing new partners: assist business development initiatives and the growth of U.S. Soccer by reviewing proposals and developing innovative concepts that support partner objectives.
- Developing and presenting onboarding materials: leverage partner activation expertise to create communication that helps new partners implement their programming quickly and effectively to support delivery of high-impact and lasting results.
- Assisting in renewal of existing relationships: lean on industry trends, deep category knowledge, evolving partner objectives and meaningful relationships to assist in the renewal of current partnerships.
- SheBelieves Core Group Contributor: serve as an internal leader in all SheBelieves initiatives, U.S. Soccer’s platform to inspire and empower girls and young women; role will include concepting, planning and executing SheBelieves initiatives including a major professional development Summit, premier tournament (SheBelieves Cup), and other programs organized around career, confidence, and community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of expertise
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with or managing corporate partnerships
- Able and willing to travel up to 35% of the time to all domestic U.S. Soccer controlled matches
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends & holidays
- Able and willing to lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Experience in sports partnership marketing and activation
- Strong analytical skills with experience understanding and interpreting quantitative and qualitative research to assist with partnership recaps and communicating activation success
- Pro-active, bias for action to provide great partner-specific value
- Market expertise in a space that is evolving and changing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent events through multi-tasking and managing priorities efficiently
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent computer skills, including Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint and advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities
- Experience with Adobe suite or a similar program is preferred
- A background in, and passion for, soccer, sports and entertainment is preferred
- Desire to be part of a team
- ”Student of the Game” mentality and desire for continual growth
- Accountable for actions/decisions and does not make excuses
- Fluent in Spanish a plus
Who We Are
- We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We are soccer stewards, uniting people through the global game and our collective goal to inspire, elevate communities and change lives in pursuit of a better future for soccer and our nation. Our core principles are: We Aim High, We Win Together and We Champion DEIB; our staff embody the values of Integrity, Commitment, Teamwork and Respect; and we’re seeking candidates that share our beliefs. We embrace a healthy work life balance, diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans.
Who You Are
- Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity as employees have the privilege of working with the top soccer players and commercial minds in the country. We’re looking for someone who is a difference maker, creative, accountable, loves working with and engaging with people and excited by the prospect of leveraging some of our country’s biggest soccer events to build and execute initiatives and tactics that grow the sport and showcase the United States’ best soccer players. Your work will directly support the ability to achieve our mission by providing resources and awareness to programs that develop world-class players, coaches, referees and National Teams.
Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Presents new ideas for partnerships and internal processes
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive compensation plan with generous benefits and time off offerings
- Vacation Time: Increases at your 5th and 10th year of employment. Starts at 2 weeks (10 days)
- Holidays: 16 paid holidays—including end of the year federation wide holiday break
- Sick Leave: Unlimited
- 401K: U.S. Soccer immediately contributes 3% of your salary whether or not you make your own contributions. If you choose to contribute, U.S. Soccer will match up to 6% of your salary at 100%. Immediately vested.
- Medical: PPO and HSA plans
- U.S. soccer covers 100% of employee and dependent premiums for Dental and Vision
Culture & Perks
- Relaxed business casual dress code
- Nike discounts
- U.S. Soccer Store website discounts
- Ticket access to Chicago Fire and Red Stars regular season games
- Social Activities year-round (ex. Footgolf, Volunteer opportunities, Holiday parties and more)
- Free annual subscription to Headspace app
- Flexible work schedule including working from home options
- U.S. Soccer has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine and is requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated at the start of employment