Dispatch team members are the point of contact for drivers and clients, coordinating to balance customer needs with drivers' health and safety. We are searching for a dispatcher - logistics coordinator who is committed to professional development and establishing a long-term career. A qualified Dispatcher will have up to 2 year's experience, knowledge of wrecker/towing and recovery or industry related experience, and excellent customer service skills.
Duties and Responsibilities for a Dispatcher include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Call management (record call information, maintain details of each call, courteously update customers with call information).
- Use GPS systems to monitor fleet/drivers.
- Load Planning.
- Interact with customers/coworkers with a positive attitude.
- Complete assignments from Dispatch Supervisor in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to communicate (oral and written), with customers, co-workers, and management.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a clean and orderly workstation.
- General computer knowledge (word, outlook, excel, various Microsoft applications) and typing skills.
- General knowledge of internal fleet/equipment.
- General knowledge of customer's fleet/equipment.
The Dispatcher must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of specific variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Work Schedule: 7:00am – 7:00pm Alternating Schedule
Compensation: $17.00 - $18.00 an hour
- 2 year's of dispatch experience
- Wrecker/Towing dispatch experience and/or customer service-related industry
- Must pass a drug screen. We are a drug free workplace.