PKF Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park, Naperville, Chicago, IL and Sarasota, Florida. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
We are unique and recognize the high importance of international business growth in today’s business environment. We partner with our affiliated firm members of PKF International to provide services and global-based solutions to multi-national companies or independent business owners who want to expand their business globally through PKF Mueller. We collaborate closely with banking and investment institutions, attorneys with international experience, site selection professionals, and municipal and state development agencies to facilitate international business development.
We are an entrepreneurial firm and culturally believe in valuing individual responsibility and initiatives of highly motivated professionals with diverse backgrounds while keeping two-way communications open and remaining open-minded to new ideas. Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
According to Accounting Today, PKF Mueller is a top 200 ranked firm, listed as the 147th largest and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” The Firm is also the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” for the last 12 years.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities of a Governmental Audit Supervisor
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Manage key components of multiple governmental audit engagements, including planning, risk assessment, team management, and delivery of exceptional client service.
- Perform and review Single Audits in accordance with the Uniform Guidance.
- The ability to conduct commercial engagements at certain times of the year, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing engagements, and managing to budget, is highly desirable
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on audit processes and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
- Work with audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit process.
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Assist partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
- Participate in recruiting efforts as needed.
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
We recognize that talented professionals are attracted to companies that provide competitive compensation and benefits packages. We offer attractive comprehensive benefits packages that include the following:
- Generous paid vacation and sick pay policies, and 9 days paid holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- Various medical coverage plans to choose from: PPO, HMO, HSA Dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company-sponsored life insurance
- Short and long-term disability plans
- Voluntary accident, critical illness, life and AD&D
- Tuition and training reimbursement plans for professional development
Salary based on experience
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS / BA degree in accounting (or equivalent degree) - CPA or eligibility to sit is highly desirable.
- Four to seven years of progressive public accounting experience.
- Strong technical accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Government Auditing Standards and Governmental Accounting Standards Board pronouncements.
- Familiarity with the Illinois Grant Accountability and Transparency Act.
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Strong leadership, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Strong personal identification with PKF Mueller firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respectful, Inspiring, Dedicated, Enthusiastic.
- Valid Drivers License
- Travel Percentage: 40% (mostly in Chicago / Suburbs)
Given our unique focus on business strategies, nurtured relationships and cultivated firm culture, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm including the potential to become a partner.
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.