Neighborhood Housing Services is a Nonprofit community developer and affordable home builder seeks a highly motivated individual and experienced Manager of Marketing & Communications to join our team. Neighborhood Housing Services of Los Angeles County (NHS) serves as a catalyst for local residents, business and government representatives to work together to build stronger neighborhoods, improve the quality of life for low to moderate income families and revitalize communities into neighborhoods of choice.
GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION
The Manager of Marketing & Communications is responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the organization’s marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications staff (currently one) and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization. Ties all marketing activity back to organizational goals. Keeps the big picture in focus. Oversees major marketing campaigns. Chief translator, navigator, and coach to the team. As a member of the management team, the Director of Marketing & Communications will be involved in organization-wide strategic and business planning, evaluation, and professional development initiatives. Salary range is $65,000-85,000.
Strategy & Management
- Leads development of NHS 3-year Marketing & Communications plan and ensures adherence to the goals and brand outlined therein.
- Responsible for the achievement of the goals and objectives of the Marketing & Communications Plan. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Executive Leadership Team.
- Ensure that the appropriate systems, staffing and procedures are in place to properly and reasonably support marketing and communications.
- Works closely with program staff to design and implement communications strategies and effective messaging for organizational and project-specific goals.
- Work with the Controller and program heads to develop annual budgets for marketing & communications, and monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Assists our Directors and program staff in ensuring our communications are culturally competent and reach diverse audiences.
- Manages some organizational partnerships that support organizational marketing and fundraising goals.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual marketing and communications plan that includes social media, print and digital content, and email marketing.
- Ensure that brand identity, messaging and marketing and communications strategy are infused in all organizational efforts (programming, development, network support).
- Develop, implement, and evaluate marketing campaigns related to programs, special events, and donor cultivation. Content Strategy and Management.
- Oversee the development, design, distribution, and maintenance of high-quality print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to annual report, brochures, presentations, newsletters, and reports.
- Lead the strategy and generation of engaging digital content for NHS website, social media and email
- channels that leads to measurable action.
Press and Public Relations
- Identify trends, monitor current events and influencers to anticipate opportunities for NHS to engage in and/or lead the national conversation on Neighborhood Housing.
- Guide the strategy on press outreach, including messaging in press releases, creation of press kits and materials, interview preparation, and responses to media requests.
- Develop close partnerships with members of the media.
- Assists development staff with fundraising appeals and events.
- Support with marketing materials that will be sent to donors and partners.
- Serve a member of the development team.
- Represent NHS at Community Events as needed.
- At least five to eight years of professional experience, including leading the communications, marketing, social media and public relations activities of a high-growth organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred in the areas of communications and marketing related field (e.g. marketing, business administration, management, advertising, journalism, and/or communications).
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the successful development and execution of marketing campaigns, communications and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal skills, with the experience of managing multiple projects at a time.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of online and print collateral and publications.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience developing and implementing successful social marketing strategies.
- Proven track record in developing a broad spectrum of proactive media relations campaigns and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office required and Adobe Design Suite experience preferred.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and system.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to manage multiple concurrent projects while also being highly detail-oriented with an attention to quality.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment.
- Desire to be part of a hardworking, collaborative, fun, and values-driven team.
- An understanding of and commitment to NHS mission and guiding principles a must