The Front-End Developer is detail-oriented and innovative bringing strong, impactful work experience to the agency. This person should have a genuine passion for building elegant, easy to use, web solutions. The Front-End Developer works closely with the creative team to create and execute web solutions for clientele. They will continue to embody the better every day mindset while acting as the expert in everything web. The Front-End Developer pushes the envelope for how DH continues to grow web services and strives to bring new capabilities to the department.
The Front-End Developer reports directly to the Director of Interactive Technology.
You’ll be primarily working on WordPress sites creating custom themes, customizing beaver builder modules with new features, and making content changes.
Qualifications & Skills
- Comfortable working with browser debugging tools like Chrome DevTools.
- Proficient in maintaining version control using Git.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strives for semantic markup, clean, and consistent codebase.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Working closely with Art Directors and Designers on new features and implementing them.
- Providing timely resolution to reported problems with existing websites.
- Track record of staying up to date with the latest technologies.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- 6+ years of experience in web development.
- 5+ years of experience in working with WordPress (WP), developing WP themes and plug-ins.
- 3+ years of experience in Beaver Builder.
- Familiarity with PHP.
- Previous development shop/agency experience.
At Digital Hyve we strive to lead with our values and beliefs at the forefront of what we do. We are able to head down this path because of our people. The wide variety of people on our team, that we work with, and part of our community are what makes us stronger together. Regardless of the background you come from, we invite you to join us on our journey to be better every day.
Digital Hyve is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Digital Hyve is committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.