At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Infrastructure Supply Chain Manager
Wasabi is seeking an Infrastructure Supply Chain Manager to help build a scalable, predictable, and resilient supply chain to support the deployment and growth of our storage regions globally. This role requires an individual with excellent knowledge of commodity management, infrastructure manufacturing and global logistics. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a continuously available supply model that minimizes risks. This high impact role offers the opportunity to achieve success in a fast paced, high-growth company. This role will report to the Director of Supply Chain Management.
The Supply Chain Manager will oversee the supply chain function including supplier management, inventory planning, cost analysis and outsourcing evaluation. The Supply Chain Manager will develop metrics to assess supplier performance, improve forecast accuracy while maintaining overall quality and customer service. The Supply Chain Manager will also coordinate supply plans for new product introductions and product end of life in conjunction with sales, marketing, engineering/product management and suppliers.
Knowledge of just-in-time (JIT) systems and enterprise requirements planning (ERP) using integrated software systems required. This role works in a fast-paced, high-energy market segment and candidates should be able to successfully balance multiple projects as part of a team.
The Supply Chain Manager will conduct data analysis to improve our supply chain operations, which is the optimization of our facilities and capabilities, including sources of raw materials, data centers, distribution centers, as well as the transportation and communications links between them.
- Collecting and analyzing supply chain operations data to improve efficiency and maintain strong supplier relationships.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with suppliers to maintain the highest standards of service, including security.
- Managing the cost and delivery of all equipment manufactured on site at contract suppliers.
- Supporting the engineering change management process for all products and suppliers.
- Establishing a demand/supply planning methodology and a capacity planning assessment model to deliver accurate and timely infrastructure service deployments.
- Managing global supplier sourcing, procurement, and delivery requirements, and driving innovation.
- Establishing a spare parts strategy to support break/fix requirements globally.
- B.A. in Business Administration / Management, Supply Chain, or Communications.
- 3+ years of purchasing, commodity management, and/or supplier management experience in a data storage, computer, or data communications environment.
- Experience with contract manufacturing, OEM management, large systems integrators, international logistics partners, and/or subcontract administration.
- Strong knowledge of server, data storage and networking markets and suppliers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable interacting at all organizational levels.
- Self-motivated and willing to take the initiative to seek out solutions.
- Ability to travel frequently to domestic and international locations.
- Working knowledge of Netsuite and Salesforce.com is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sourcing/supply management including excellent negotiation skills and experience with strategic sourcing methodologies.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.