OCP is a self-supporting, not-for-profit, Catholic publishing company whose mission is to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all, primarily through the publication of the highest-quality worship programs and spiritually-enriching music. A growing opportunity exists to support this mission by creating modern and highly usable software-based experience for our customers, including both mobile and web-based applications.
Our Web Applications Developer II is an excellent path to grow your technology career within OCP. Your portfolio may only show a few years of experience but you are excited to work alongside more seasoned application developers - to contribute, learn and grow. You will provide bug fixes, support service desk tickets, and provide peer review on incoming code. You will help create the tools and automations that make life smoother for the other developers and be part of a culture emphasizing code that is well documented, maintainable, and testable. And you will feel comfortable in our existing PHP / Laravel environment as an immediate contributor to current product development.
We are a group built around empathy, humility, and a passion for working together to create apps that help people of faith draw closer to God.
The Web Applications Developer (II) enables OCP to technologically develop, enhance, and operate online properties including websites, browser-based applications, mobile computing, and integration interfaces (APIs).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supports other developers, scrum masters, and technical resources in an Agile software development cycle, solving technological issues to create smooth and modern experiences for OCP customers.
· Develops, implements, tests, deploys, and supports new and existing online properties and applications consistent with company standards and industry norms.
· Advocates for sustainable solutions, low tech debt, strong unit test coverage and industry standard deployment processes.
· Also advocates for high quality customer experiences, industry standards, and best practices.
· Sets a positive example in code documentation and peer review.
· Creates tools and automations to support developers and the product development lifecycle - testing automation and deployment efficiency.
· Generally follows direction from other technical resources, but can coordinates specific development, enhancement, and support projects that are significantly limited in scope.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Monitors and maintains online production (live) systems 24x7 which may require additional efforts during widespread outages and as part of the after-hours and weekend rotating on-call coverage.
· Assists in the survey and prototype of technological solutions related to music publishing and OCP's online properties.
· Documents and implements database and searching solutions to enable online properties.
· Collaborates in the implementation and maintenance of other Information Technology Division initiatives including business systems, networking, applications, and server support.
· Assists in training other developers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combined experience specializing in software development, programming, or database implementation.
· Two or more years professional software development experience in online, web, or mobile services.
· Capable of being an immediate and productive contributor to OCP’s current PHP and Laravel based application development process.
· Experience developing within an Agile working team.
· Demonstrated ability to think creatively, solve problems, and collaborate to find solutions.
· Advanced analytical skills dealing with complex data problems and implementing realistic solutions.
· Experience developing and/or leading multiple projects simultaneously.
· Experience developing with a source control system such as Git.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Knowledge of software development lifecyle (SDLC).
OCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any category protected by law. Inquiries are encouraged from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization.
TO APPLY: Visit www.ocp.org/en-us/careers, click on View Current Openings, click on the position title and submit your application along with the requested application materials.