Responsible for performing quality assurance and quality control functions to determine conformance to all Sashco and customer specifications for all processes, incoming materials, in-process materials, and final materials.
2nd Shift 3pm-1:30 am Monday- Thursday, plus a $2.00 shift differential !
Operational: (skills to get the job done)
• Test, inspect and approve all incoming raw materials, in-process materials, and final materials according to established standards.
• Develop, maintain and follow standard operating procedures.
• Support improvement projects by evaluating formulation, packaging materials, and process.
• Document results by recording data into quality database, evaluating findings and generate necessary reports containing this information to process improvement.
• Work both independently and in a team environment.
• Attention to details and analytical thinking is crucial for this position.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Relational: (skills to connect and relate with fellow team members)
• Provide training on standard operating procedures and collect feedback
• Support formulation scale up from R&D to production.
• Communicate with R&D, Production, IT, and other teams to support project needs.
• Assist team members where necessary.
Aspirational: (skills to grow personally and professionally)
• Improve skills through training and self-directed learning.
• Work as a change agent to promote continuous improvement.
Lean Thinking: (skills to foster continuous improvement)
• Improve operating efficiencies and reduce cost where possible.
• Maintain the highest quality standards in all areas of the manufacturing process.
• Maintain clean and organized work environment by practicing 5S.
• Reports To: Quality Manager
• Direct Reports: None
• Supervisory Duties: None
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Education: Associate degree is required, candidate currently or planning to pursue a Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred; area of study includes physics, chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, mechanic engineering, or related.
• Experience & Skills:
• Previous experience with handling wet chemicals is a plus.
• Experience working with colorants or pigments is a plus.
• Experience developing and maintaining standard operating procedures is a plus.
• Knowledge and working experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
• Training or certification in Lean Six Sigma is a plus.
• Be able to lift or move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position; additional responsibilities may be added as needed. Sashco adheres to applicable labor laws and will make reasonable accommodations to comply with these laws.