JOIN THE TEAM THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Dental Assistant acts as the dentist’s “third hand” at chair-side, sets up equipment, prepares the patient for treatment and keeps records, and also is responsible for the smooth administrative entry and exit of the dental patient, using the appropriate systems to verify and/or update patient demographic and insurance information, verify insurance eligibility and co-payments, collect and post co-payments, contact referrals to set up appointments, maintain the dental schedule and refer the patient to an Enrollment Specialist when appropriate.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Prepare operatory for patients with proper instruments, materials and equipment for each particular procedure
- Have patient seated and prepped on schedule
- Record all patient information accurately and completely in electronic dental record system
- Schedule patients for extractions and surgical procedures
- Review all post-operative instructions with patient following extraction and surgical procedures
- Take, develop and mount x-rays
- Keep operatories clean and properly stocked at all times
- Maintain proper inventory of supplies
- Greet patients and register patients in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Collect co-pays, enter payment into Dentrix and provide payer with a receipt at time of transaction
- Tie out daily payments received between Daily Deposit Sheet and payments in drawer
- Diligently manage schedule, adhering to the providers’ templates 13. Contact referrals to set up appointments
- Contact referrals to set up appointments
- Assist in resolving any scheduling problems or rescheduling patients when needed
- Complete appointment reminder phone calls
- Answer telephone calls in professional manner and respond to the caller by providing correct information and/or taking the appropriate action(s)
MINIMUM OBJECTIVE QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic life support certification
- X-ray certification
- Six months of experience using Microsoft Office software
- Six months of experience using electronic dental or medical record software