Alert Innovation is a 2-year-old startup on a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics. Having partnered with world’s largest retailer to develop our revolutionary Alphabot® technology, we have an enormous market opportunity in front of us and are now beginning to scale the company by hiring exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and thrive in a highly collaborative team-oriented culture.
WHY A SYSTEMS ENGINEER?
Full Time, Exempt
As a Systems Engineer, you will play a critical role in helping provide the business knowledge and technical skills to implement technical strategies, evaluate products, and provide a superior level of technical cross functional support that benefits the company.
You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, possess the interpersonal skills to collaborate with project managers and leadership to effectively deliver a product designed to meet customers’ needs. Qualified Systems Engineers at Alert will have a background in robotics engineering or systems engineering and analysis. Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary, generous benefits and an equity stake in our growing company.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary, generous benefits and an equity stake in our growing company.
WHAT WILL YOU LOVE?
- Being a part of an organization that is innovative in both its products and the design of the organization.
- Being a partner in the realization of our vision of a high-performance culture in an adaptable organization.
- Solving complex problems and making significant impacts to the capabilities of the product.
- Working in a fast paced, flexible environment where there is no wrong answer and everyone works for the same team.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Creation of theory of operation documents for NPI and customer deployments
- Creation and maintenance of requirement document for new product designs and customer site deployments with information collected from both internal and external resources
- Creation of traceability matrix of higher-level requirements to lowest level requirements
- Creation and maintenance of system integration test plans, procedures, and reports to demonstrate desired system performance and validate system requirements
- Actively participate and / or lead in the discovery, validation, verification process throughout the product or component development life cycle
- Execution of system integration, verification and validation testing including customer acceptance to verify system requirements
- Perform functional and performance analysis on collected system data; document, root cause and resolve observed issues, anomalies, and provide trouble reports.
- Lead project teams for system improvement projects or customer requested features and create and maintain schedules to drive on-time delivery
- Proactively initiate engagement with cross functional teams to review concurrence and compliance in functional disciplines including hardware, software, QA, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, and manufacturing, ensure product managers, technical leads, and project managers stay informed and aligned as requirements mature
- Creation of material and presenting in customer meetings
- Provide feasibility and optimization studies for proposed designs
- Creation of tools that automate and streamline processes to make operations more efficient
- Aid in the development of strategic roadmaps for products and systems
- Perform quality assurance activities to ensure standardization of best practices
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related Engineering field or equivalent experience
- Experience with project management and schedule ownership for multi-disciplinary project teams
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to provide technical oversight to ensure developed solutions satisfy customer and business requirements
- Ability to resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with our company mission, values, and financial objectives
- Ability to identify, evaluate, and demonstrate solution to complex system problems
- Cross disciplinary engineering knowledge – some experience in mechanical, electrical, and software engineering
- Familiarity with automation components
- Experience with common engineering tools, including Pugh Matrices, 8D, DFMEA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites
- Willingness to accept ownership for project goals and perform any and all tasks necessary to achieve project goals
- Self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision to achieve aggressive project goals
WHAT ARE OUR CORE VALUES?
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in the company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.