**SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE**
(First year potential $90 - $150k based on performance)
*MANDATORY - must hold a current Journeyman license*
WHO WE ARE
ABC Home & Commercial is a family owned and operated business, providing a fun, stable, and challenging environment to grow, learn, and serve in our community. We’re pleased to have a diverse group of employees and believe strongly in a work/life balance while building long-term, trusting relationships with our customers and employees. At ABC you’ll quickly learn what it’s like to become part of a team that believes in fulfilling commitments, serving others, supporting families, and building our community.
To learn more about ABC and to view a full list of our services, visit www.abchomeandcommercial.com
HOW YOU CAN HELP US
As ABC’s Plumber - Journeyman , you will service customers’ homes for various plumbing needs with professionalism and excellent customer service while performing high-quality repairs and/or replacements.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Accurately diagnose the cause of plumbing issues, recommend options for repair or replacement to customers, and complete all authorized service repairs after authorization is received.
- Work with inspectors, suppliers and co-workers to ensure correct project work, while abiding by all codes.
- Carry out general plumbing skills such as soldering, pipe threading/gluing; drain cleaning, water leak detection and repair, fixture repair and installation, tank and tankless water heater service and installation, gas leak testing and repair.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, dispatchers, CSRs and customers to ensure complete alignment at all times during the service repair or replacement process.
- Work with and train any helpers/apprentices which may be assigned to work with you.
- Be available to serve periodic on-call rotation assignments (per schedule approved by service manager) necessary to ensure 24/7/365 coverage for customers.
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times with customers, fellow employees and supervisors.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- MANDATORY - must hold a current Journeyman license.
- Louisiana SPBLA Journeyman Gasfitter License also accepted.
- Must know and understand all applicable federal, state, and local codes and be able to apply them in a practical manner on each job.
- Completed specialized courses in residential and commercial plumbing practices and having a strong working knowledge of codes and safety measures.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- High proficiency with emailing, instant messaging and use of various electronic devices and applications for effective communication/information sharing.
- Ability to prioritize workload, work under pressure and handle irate customers and still maintain good composure.
- Dependable and self-motivated with desire to work year-round.
- Ability to work inside and/or outside for long periods of time, sometimes in extreme temperatures.
- Must maintain an active Driver’s License and be insurable.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid vacation and sick leave (PTO)
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Lead Now Program for all employees to increase earnings and pay
- Company clubs & committees, and company outings
- Paid trainings and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Educational scholarships for employees and family members
- Wellness program, including gym membership
- Company vehicle with gas card (for service specialists)
- Ability to work from home a percentage of the time (office staff only)
ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify Program.